A hard time inviting the boss from work

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 9:25 pm

I live a half an hour away from where I work, and happen to live close to one co-worker whom I get along with fairly well. Meanwhile, everyone else lives close to each other and connect very well. This would include getting along with each other and going to things in her area that they get invited to. Among my co-workers is my boss who seems to be very close with a few of my co-workers in that she seems to attend to any of their things, and even got them some gifts. Meanwhile, I invited her to house warming open house last year and my graduation ceremony and declined both, while getting me nothing in cards or gifts. What makes it really sad is that she has a son with severe autism who is 24 years old.

I had even tried talking to her but she insisted that I was the one having the problem with respect, superiority, and arrogance. I apologized and looked at myself and I even have been working on some improvements and we have gotten along better. However, I still can't seem to get her to attend my things. I decided to do this because of she has invited me to her parties in the past, in which I have attended and enjoyed and so I decided to reciprocate.

What do any of you think is going on?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 9:47 pm

I think that she doesn't want to come to your events?