Asking a girl a drive-thru girl on a date - Few quick ????'s

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ElmoTheDestroyer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jan 2011, 3:05 am

Well, I got there 3 minutes early, and stayed til 20 after... She never showed up.

Guess thats that! :/

LOL, at least that message was clear.. :)

Thanks again for the advice/input!
--ElmoTheDestroyer

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 3:43 am

ElmoTheDestroyer wrote:
Well, I got there 3 minutes early, and stayed til 20 after... She never showed up.

Guess thats that! :/

LOL, at least that message was clear.. :)

Thanks again for the advice/input!
--ElmoTheDestroyer

Oh well, bad luck I guess. :( She probably did have a boyfriend and he probably didn't approve, or she thought better of it and felt it may be inappropriate. Better luck next time! :D

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 5:56 am

I know I seem like a cynic but when the first thing a girl says when she's asked on a date is anything about a boyfriend, it means she's not interested/she's putting you in your place from the beginning. I know this, I've used it before. Any mention of "BOYFRIEND" whether it's true or not is usually a hint so the guy knows "out of bounds".

By mentioning her boyfriend, she wanted you to "get he hint" and say no I don't want to meet any more".

I hope it works out for you, but don't get your hopes up.

Last edited by hale_bopp on 21 Jan 2011, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 5:57 am

NM I just saw your reply.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 8:00 am

And to add insult to injury, the OP has had so much fast food that he is too fat to date anyone else :roll:

I commend you for your balls tho

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 8:52 am

ElmoTheDestroyer wrote:
She never showed up.
--ElmoTheDestroyer

She probably wanted to avoid you.
I know I would if I were her.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 8:57 am

Arranging to meet someone is not the best way to avoid someone. Come to think about it the girl sounds like a bit of a wind-up merchant. Maybe she was flirting the Elmo to pass the time or for a tip

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 9:35 am

hale_bopp wrote:
I know I seem like a cynic but when the first thing a girl says when she's asked on a date is anything about a boyfriend, it means she's not interested/she's putting you in your place from the beginning. I know this, I've used it before. Any mention of "BOYFRIEND" whether it's true or not is usually a hint so the guy knows "out of bounds".

By mentioning her boyfriend, she wanted you to "get he hint" and say no I don't want to meet any more".

Agree 100%

Nothing gets rid of me faster than dropping the "B-bomb" early in a conversation. I hate it when a girl does it presumptively though - like I'll ask a girl on the street where the nearest Starbuck's is and she says "not sure, but my boyfriend knows where it is" or something equally awkward.

Why do some women automatically assume any man who speaks to her is hitting on her? Get over yourself already... :roll:

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 9:37 am

Grisha wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Agree 100%

Nothing gets rid of me faster than dropping the "B-bomb" early in a conversation. I hate it when a girl does it presumptively though - like I'll ask a girl on the street where the nearest Starbuck's is and she says "not sure, but my boyfriend knows where it is" or something equally awkward.

Why do some women automatically assume any man who speaks to her is hitting on her? Get over yourself already... :roll:

I hate girls like that.
I always make the opposite assumption - how could anyone want to hit on me. :lol:
I need to learn to do that boyfriend thing...

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 9:45 am

Quote:
I hate girls like that.
I always make the opposite assumption - how could anyone want to hit on me. :lol:
I need to learn to do that boyfriend thing...

Yes, the boyfriend thing is extremely powerful, but promise me you'll use it for good and not for evil: wait for the guy to ask you for your phone number or something before you use it...

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 9:47 am

I think they'd have to be that obvious - apparently I flirt accidentally with guys all the time. >.<

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 10:03 pm

Chalk it up as experience points. At least you made the effort to get in the game instead of sitting on the bench.

HopefulRomantic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2011, 12:30 pm

Chronos wrote:
Don't ask for her number.

This is what I would do....assuming you give her the money for the order. With the cash, give her a card with a note on it:

"Hi, my name is (name), would you like to get some coffee sometime?"

And write your phone number on it. Even if you turns you down right there, you can say, "Well, if you ever change your mind you have my number"

Nice, sweet, no pressure on her.

This would be a good way to ask her out! Great advice!