Asking a girl a drive-thru girl on a date - Few quick ????'s

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 3:27 am

Chronos wrote:
Don't ask for her number.

This is what I would do....assuming you give her the money for the order. With the cash, give her a card with a note on it:

"Hi, my name is (name), would you like to get some coffee sometime?"

And write your phone number on it. Even if you turns you down right there, you can say, "Well, if you ever change your mind you have my number"

Nice, sweet, no pressure on her.

Wow, you're good... :)

ElmoTheDestroyer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jan 2011, 6:40 pm

Thanks for all the replies/words of encouragement! :)

So far, I've attempted 4 times to ask her out, and of course, each time she wasn't working... lol, why is it, I see her like 3 times over the course of 1.5 weeks... Finally decide I want to ask her out, then she vanishes! Figures... :)

Anyway... I'm not giving up... Attempt number 5 will be tonight. I just hope I see her again soon! I'm getting sick of fast food!! :)

Tempted to ask when she's working next time I go there, but I think that might be a bad idea... I don't know if they could tell me legally anyway. Guess I'll just have to keep going and ordering food... :(

Anyways, thanks again for the replies!! I'll keep ya'll updated! :D

--ElmoTheDestroyer

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 8:55 pm

Keep trying and Good luck!

glamourdollxoxo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jan 2011, 9:44 pm

I would wait until you can get to talk to more than 3-4 times and get on a friendly basis with her first.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 1:16 am

Don't keep eating there or you are going to be fat as a pig.

How about you WALK up to the drive-thru window and hand her a bunch of flowers and a note?

(Does she wear a name tag with her name on it?)

Anyway, send her a charming note with your name and number. Tell her you would love to meet her.

Let's be honest here. She is a nice pretty girl working at a part time minimum-wage job. It is not like she is a princess or something.

Why shouldn't she be intrigued and flattered unless you look like a goblin?

ElmoTheDestroyer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jan 2011, 3:02 am

Ok... So heres what happened... lol, not sure if I'm more or less confused...

So.. I show up, and finally SHE IS THERE!! Took 6 !)@(#* trips, but I finally caught her at work....

Asked her if she wanted to grab some hot chocolate sometime... (not in those exact words)

She agreed, BUT, she said she had a boyfriend... But she said she thinks he likes hot chocolate, so she will bring him along...

WTF ... lol, who agrees to go out with a guy for hot chocolate if she has a boyfriend.

She said she didn't have phone or internet right now (she said she's waiting for her next check to get it hooked up) ... So we agreed to meet at her work at 6pm Thursday.

I dunno.. I don't know if she is just being nice and didn't want to let me down to hard... Or if she is actually interested and is just going to have a guy friend of hers come on the date as "her boyfriend" to "feel me out" a little bit? Or if she's really just so friendly she wants more friends despite her having a boyfriend?

Not sure what to think...

lol, and of course, to make it worse... I have to go on a "date" with 2 people possibly... I'm sure all of you can relate to how exciting having more than 1 person in a conversation can cause... Management issues.. I'm way less good at socializing with 2 people than 1...

God, I hope she just shows up Thursday alone... lol

Anyway, just thought I'd update ya'll... Any comments welcome! :D

--ElmoTheDestroyer

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 3:23 am

Well I think it's probably one of two possibilities: 1. she really does have a boyfriend but likes you and wants to be friends with you. 2. This "boyfriend" is a male friend of hers, and she is taking him along just for safety's sake as she doesn't know you that well yet.

If it's either one of these then it's a positive response from her, she likes you enough (in just a friendly, or in a romantic way) to want to take the effort to get to know you better and spend time with you. Taking a friend along on the first meet-up is perfectly reasonable in these situations, although if I were you I'd work under the assumption that this guy truly is her boyfriend.

Either way, the best way to approach this is to meet up with the pair of them, and make friends with BOTH of them. This is vital - don't ignore him and talk only to her as though he is not there. If he is just a friend and not the actual boyfriend, then he is the one who will probably make a judgment call regarding you (whether you're a good sort or not - whether she should date you or not) and it will reflect well on you if you're polite and interact with both of them equally, but will reflect poorly on you if you're rude to him and ignore or disregard him.

Of course, saying all this, it's fairly likely he could genuinely be her boyfriend, so just go to the date with the intention of making two new friends and you can't go wrong. Whatever you do, DON'T make any romantic overtures, or attempt to hold her hand or kiss her or anything beyond friendly. This "date" is not the correct social situation for it. And DON'T be clingy or pushy, try to be relaxed and easy-going about the whole thing.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 3:25 am

Sorry, if I accidentally sounded a bit forceful in the previous post, too much capitalization I think :lol:

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 9:01 am

First of all, congratulations for having the balls to try!

Usually, if the girl drops the "B-bomb" early in the conversation I write her off romantically, which in my case is sort of a relief because now I don't have to worry about getting her to like me. No wonder I'm still single... :wink:

Please keep us updated on the situation, and good luck! :)

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 10:03 am

who didn't see that coming...she having a bf lol

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 1:27 pm

I agree with number 2 above. Why would she accept an invitation and take her boyfriend along? More than that, why would the boyfriend ever agree? This is a male friend being brought along for safety and so she doesn't have the awkwardness of being alone with you in case conversation turns out to be difficult. Go for it and let us know how it turns out,.

ElmoTheDestroyer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2011, 7:19 am

Well, I guess I'll see what happens... I'm supposed to meet her at 6pm today (Thursday). I sure hope she's just bringing a guy friend along for security... lol, guess i'll find out in.. ermm.. 14 hours! :)

Oh well, hoping for the best! I'll let ya know what happens. Sure to be interesting.. ;)

--ElmoTheDestroyer

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 7:42 am

ElmoTheDestroyer wrote:
Asked her if she wanted to grab some hot chocolate sometime... (not in those exact words)
She agreed, BUT, she said she had a boyfriend... But she said she thinks he likes hot chocolate, so she will bring him along...
--ElmoTheDestroyer

Dude, EVERY girl has a boyfriend or at least says she has.

This is what is called a sh*t test. She is messing with you. She wants to see if you are man enough to overcome her objections, pull her onto your horse and gallop off into the sunset.

Go back, try again and this time don't take any cr*p.

If she rejects you again then look elsewhere.

ElmoTheDestroyer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2011, 7:57 am

That's what I'm hoping, and that's the plan... Just gunna go and hope for the best... If infact she does have a boyfriend, oh well, at least I tried. :) Figure whats the worst that can happen? I truely hope the guy doesn't stick around though.. Managing a conversation with more than 1 other person gives me more anxiety than asking the girl out in the first place. :) Not one of my strong suits...

*crossing fingers*

--ElmoTheDestroyer

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 8:17 am

ElmoTheDestroyer wrote:
That's what I'm hoping, and that's the plan... Just gunna go and hope for the best... If infact she does have a boyfriend, oh well, at least I tried. :) Figure whats the worst that can happen? I truely hope the guy doesn't stick around though.. Managing a conversation with more than 1 other person gives me more anxiety than asking the girl out in the first place. :) Not one of my strong suits...

Dude, she is NOT going to turn up with her "boyfriend". I can guarantee that.

She will either come alone or not at all

And don't worry about the mythical "boyfriend".
Girls are always looking to "trade up". If she likes you better than the "boyfriend" then you are in and he is history.

Until she meets someone "cooler" than you. Then YOU are history.

Been there, done that and got the t-shirt.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 10:38 am

Wombat wrote:
ElmoTheDestroyer wrote:
--ElmoTheDestroyer

Dude, EVERY girl has a boyfriend or at least says she has.

This is what is called a sh*t test. She is messing with you. She wants to see if you are man enough to overcome her objections, pull her onto your horse and gallop off into the sunset.

Go back, try again and this time don't take any cr*p.

If she rejects you again then look elsewhere.

Wow, such bitterness. In my opinion this; "She wants to see if you are man enough to overcome her objections, pull her onto your horse and gallop off into the sunset." is BS. I wouldn't listen to this if I were you OP. Like I, and other posters, have said - if she is making up a pretend "boyfriend" it is more likely she is doing it initially for safety reasons. Just do as you were going to do before, don't stress, and everything will work out fine one way or another. Good luck!!