Page 3 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

mightypen515
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2011, 6:51 pm

wefunction wrote:
mightypen515 wrote:
wefunction wrote:
Back in the day I listened to Judas Priest, Diamondhead, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Danzig, and whatever odd little EPs I could find. 80's Metallica was fantastic and I loved Anthrax. When I'd moved into Industrial, I hung out with the metalheads but there weren't any hardcore girls. They were all into Poison/Skid Row/Slaughter type crap. I mean, those are great boppy tunes and all but I wasn't into being a big-hair scantly-clad girl. So, I adopted some Grunge with my Industrial and listened to a lot of Sound Garden, Alice in Chains, Faith No More, Helmet, and... yeah, Nirvana and Hole, too. I saw Marilyn Manson in concert when he was just opening for Nine Inch Nails... before Trent Reznor got cliche and done.

I still listen to a lot of it in certain doses. But I'm mostly a country girl now (for the past 10 years).

edit to add Danzig. I don't know how I could overlook Danzig.

And did you perhaps, Bang Your Head? All that Metal Health, friend, did it...Drive You Mad?
Okay, now I can't resist.
Did you tell everyone that Nothing Else Matters? Did you ask your Mother "Am I Evil?" or get caught Breaking the Law? Maybe you had No Excuses.
Okay, I'll stop now. 8)
Anybody care to jump in?

If you're bringing up Nothing Else Matters, You Got Another Think Comin'.

I think you're right, but part of it is a Sex Type Thing I've had for a while. I've been told by Violet that I ought to Fade to Black. A Metal Militia came along and I was scared until I realized they were in Gridlock and just all Doll Parts. :wink:

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 4:34 pm

I like many metal bands. The 27th this month I'm going to the Primal Fear's and Anvil's show. It is the first show that I'm going since I got depressed. My favourite Primal Fear album is "Jaws of Death" and my favourite song "Save a Prayer" I hope they play it. I only got to know Anvil this year. I saw their appearance on tv in VH1's "That Metal Show". They talked a lot about their new documentary called "Anvil, the Story of Anvil" about the band's decadence and I decided to watch it during the holidays. The documentary is very well produced and I decided to listen to the band. Then I saw that Anvil and Primal Fear were going to play in my country and I had just saw the documentary and I decided I had to go to the show.

YourMother
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 6:01 pm

Raw Black Metal
Grindcore
Yepp.

Idolatry
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2011, 12:54 pm

I listen to every type of metal among the ridiculous amount of music I listen to. Allstar, that is quite a list, but I will not go that far. :D

My favorite genres are probably any death metal and progressive metal (my signature is a lyric from "Lateralus" by Tool):

Meshuggah (favorite death metal band)
Necrophagist
Cannibal Corpse
In Flames
Cynic
Tool
Opeth

And so on...

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 7:57 pm

Megadeth, old Metallica, Slayer, glam and death metal... Iron Maiden was always cool because they sang sometimes about historical/mythological/etc stuff.
I always hold Megadeth close to my heart. Some of their songs have kept me going, and some have at least given me hope that others feel the way i do at times. One of those is "In My Darkest Hour".
Sometimes you feel depressed. Other days you feel that way, but also angry and if you're going down so will everyone else that crossed your path.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw0sIu0VdlQ[/youtube]

Metal has kept me going since i was a kid.

Allstar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Feb 2011, 1:38 pm

Wedge wrote:
I like many metal bands. The 27th this month I'm going to the Primal Fear's and Anvil's show. It is the first show that I'm going since I got depressed. My favourite Primal Fear album is "Jaws of Death" and my favourite song "Save a Prayer" I hope they play it. I only got to know Anvil this year. I saw their appearance on tv in VH1's "That Metal Show". They talked a lot about their new documentary called "Anvil, the Story of Anvil" about the band's decadence and I decided to watch it during the holidays. The documentary is very well produced and I decided to listen to the band. Then I saw that Anvil and Primal Fear were going to play in my country and I had just saw the documentary and I decided I had to go to the show.

Right on brother! Two extraordinary bands. Hope I can see them before I pass away.

mightypen515
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2011, 11:12 pm

skahthic wrote:
Megadeth, old Metallica, Slayer, glam and death metal... Iron Maiden was always cool because they sang sometimes about historical/mythological/etc stuff.
I always hold Megadeth close to my heart. Some of their songs have kept me going, and some have at least given me hope that others feel the way i do at times. One of those is "In My Darkest Hour".
Sometimes you feel depressed. Other days you feel that way, but also angry and if you're going down so will everyone else that crossed your path. Metal has kept me going since i was a kid.

Love that cutiepie Dave Mustaine metal mechanic.
Didja see the Jeopardy episode where he delivered a butt-whoopin on George...whatshisname and Moon Zappa?

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 9:06 pm

I listen to a wide range of metal. Some of the bands I listen to are:

Katatonia (not really metal.....but close)
Isis
Neurosis
Novembers Doom
Agalloch
Cephalic Carnage
Nasum
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Gorgoroth
Watain
Darkthrone
Blood Tsunami
Destruction
Possessed
Bathory
Venom

Lately though I haven't really been listening to metal at all..........mostly just dark ambient/drone type stuff. Lustmord, primarily.

Allstar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Feb 2011, 11:56 am

:twisted:

New song from my favorite band in the world.

EVERGREY "WRONG"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLwuLjYF4xU

HybridSoul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Feb 2011, 7:42 am

Alestorm
Gamma Ray
Swashbuckle
Beherit
Mayhem
Metallica
Blind Guardian
Nightwish
Black Sabbath
Machine-made God
Slayer
Helloween
Cradle Of Filth
Coal Chamber
Eluveite
Graveworm
Grim Reaper
Iron Maiden
Hanzel Und Gretyl
The Interbeing
Mower
Lordi
GWAR
Mudvayne
Ronnie James Dio
Rob Zombie
Skyfire
Tyr
Storm Warrior

Sup.

K3inMitl3id
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2011, 10:18 pm

<-----

Dillonski
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2011, 5:41 pm

Avenged Sevenfold and Slipknot FTW!! !! !! !! !

Ah_Q
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 11:45 pm

Part of the problem with metal is its stiflingly limited emotional palette. Well, not anymore.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrnGP6DVOkg&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

Rhapsody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Feb 2011, 1:51 am

I don't think I'd ever be able to call myself a hardcore metal fan but I absolutely adore Ensiferum, and my new favorite is Maximum the Hormone. I've been listening to them nonstop. I love that their drummer is a girl. She's so amazing!

I listen to other metal bands too, but those are the only two that I like a lot of their songs. Most bands I only like one or two songs.

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 1:57 am

Nightwish
Amon Amarth
Eluveitie
Cradle of Filth
Dark Tranquility
Within Temptation
Finntroll

Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 2:30 am

I listen to alot of finnish metal, mostly power or melodic metal. Alot of Sonata arctica, Kamelot, lately I've been listening to a band called Serenity out of austria. They're relatively unknown, I guess people don't like them much because their songwriter doesn't speak english very well so their music sounds cheesey sometimes.