Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 2:57 pm

Today marked the first day of the spring 2011 semester. It had the feel of the very first day of school, because there were so many long lines. I think the first day back at school is officially my least favorite day.

Anyway, I only had one class today, and that was Microcomputer Applications. I haven't decided on a major, so I'm only taking this class because I have to. My professor has a thick Vietnamese accent, and it's sort of hard for me to understand him at times. I guess that's a vital part of the college experience - to have a professor with a heavy foreign accent you don't understand well. :roll:

I don't think the class will be difficult, because if I need help, I can just ask my neighbors for help.

Tomorrow, I have Speech and Intermediate Spanish. I'll let you know how that goes by the end of the day tomorrow.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 6:15 pm

Descartes wrote:
I guess that's a vital part of the college experience - to have a professor with a heavy foreign accent you don't understand well. :roll:

Yep, that happened to me at least once or twice.

Good luck with all of your classes. :)

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 12:17 am

conundrum wrote:
Descartes wrote:
I guess that's a vital part of the college experience - to have a professor with a heavy foreign accent you don't understand well. :roll:

Yep, that happened to me at least once or twice.

Good luck with all of your classes. :)

Agreed. I couldn't understand a dang word my statistics professor said the whole time last semester.

blahblah123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jan 2011, 3:08 am

Spring semester???? This early???

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 6:06 am

blahblah123 wrote:
Spring semester???? This early???

I had a month-long break after the conclusion of the fall semester, so it had to start up some time. :wink:

This semester will last from January 18th until May 12th.

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 1:23 pm

Good luck! I started my second semester today too.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 10:14 pm

I went to school today for my other two classes - Speech and Intermediate Spanish. While I am not at all worried about Speech, I am starting to second guess taking Intermediate Spanish. Since I took three years of Spanish in high school, I figured that I'd be ready to start Intermediate Spanish in college without having to go through Beginning. Now that I have gotten a taste of the course load for that class, I'm starting to think that starting with Intermediate was a bad idea.

Since I'll be purchasing the textbook sometime this week, I'll be sure to look through it so that I can get an idea of what to expect from that class.

ddrapayo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2011, 12:57 pm

This was the first week of my second semester too. But I only had two days of classes. Monday was Martin Luther King Day (no school), Tuesday all classes were cancelled due to snow, Wednesday and Thursday I finally had class, and Friday all morning classes were canceled (snow again) and my only class that day was at 11 AM. And now they're saying more snow next week. Hopefully things return to normal soon. Some of my classes are already behind and the professors have to teach more quickly to catch up. Let's hope they don't have to work farther behind.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 5:55 pm

ddrapayo wrote:
This was the first week of my second semester too. But I only had two days of classes. Monday was Martin Luther King Day (no school), Tuesday all classes were cancelled due to snow, Wednesday and Thursday I finally had class, and Friday all morning classes were canceled (snow again) and my only class that day was at 11 AM. And now they're saying more snow next week. Hopefully things return to normal soon. Some of my classes are already behind and the professors have to teach more quickly to catch up. Let's hope they don't have to work farther behind.

I have yet to experience a snow day for college. Do colleges have to make up for days lost due to inclement weather?