Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

missykrissy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2011, 11:21 pm

if it was me, going back in time to when i started my relationship with my spouse, i would not do it again. not because i don't love him, i do love him. but because of all the added stress of dealing with his son, and the huge differences between how we think. it is cold and lonely in the long haul when your partner is always giving you the 'in a sec' and doesn't do the whole feelings thing. and then there are the ways that his son has changed my children. he is a bad influence on them regardless of if he's not doing it on purpose. i feel guilty for exposing them to his constant crying and all his not listening. again i know there are reasons behind it but that doesnt change how it has effected my kids. i think that i am not as happy as i could be because i took on this relationship and the child attached to it. he has his good moments but as i said, after spending five years in it i would take it back if i could and wait to meet someone who would be more emotionally supportive and who being with wouldn't be adding so much weight to my already overloaded mind

glowingpurpleaura
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2011, 1:40 am

missykrissy wrote:
if it was me, going back in time to when i started my relationship with my spouse, i would not do it again. not because i don't love him, i do love him. but because of all the added stress of dealing with his son, and the huge differences between how we think. it is cold and lonely in the long haul when your partner is always giving you the 'in a sec' and doesn't do the whole feelings thing. and then there are the ways that his son has changed my children. he is a bad influence on them regardless of if he's not doing it on purpose. i feel guilty for exposing them to his constant crying and all his not listening. again i know there are reasons behind it but that doesnt change how it has effected my kids. i think that i am not as happy as i could be because i took on this relationship and the child attached to it. he has his good moments but as i said, after spending five years in it i would take it back if i could and wait to meet someone who would be more emotionally supportive and who being with wouldn't be adding so much weight to my already overloaded mind

Interesting, I appreciate your input as i often wonder if long term i'm going to be happy .. so confusing