Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 12:22 pm

Has anybody ever been interested in doing voice acting?

I've always thought that it would be fascinating to hear my voice attached to an animated character. Voice acting sounds like it would be a really fun occupation to me.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 12:36 pm

I think it would be pretty neat, too.

Now, of course, any artistic project, you give it your best shot, do your best artwork, grow and develop as an artistic, but there are a lot of luck factors and external factors as far as making money from it.

BottleCap
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 1:02 pm

I would really like to do the voice of a character from the Super Mario series. I would also really like to do the voice of a character in a cartoon, especially the Simpsons (whether it would be in just one episode or some of them).

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 1:32 pm

I would be more interested in acting. Most of my communication comes from my body language and my facial expressions and tone of voice that go along with my words. A cartoon wouldn't do me justice I don't think.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 10:00 pm

I have very great range with my voice when I'm not stressed. I think I'd do great as a voice actor.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 10:44 pm

My voice is very monotone and slow. I don't think I would make a good voice actor.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 11:02 pm

the late alan reed, the quintessential voice of fred flintstone, wrote a book shortly before he died in 1978. the book, an autobiography titled "YABADABADOO or never a star" contains the backstory of being a voice artist, and is a good read.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 11:30 pm

Yes, I've always thought my voice was too odd for a human being. I can remember watching cartoons as a child and noting who did the voices. I was shocked when I found out that Mel Blanc did almost all the voices for the Looney Tunes. Later I played around with tape recorders doing voices and characters, but never pursued it.

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 1:19 am

For about the past year, yeah. I've actually been having people asking me if I'd thought about voice acting or narration work after hearing me talk (my voice is a bit like Chris Lee's with a hint of Mr. Movie Phone on occasion).

I'm also doing some voice-work for a class project my friend has (I'm going to be redubbing Thomas Jayne's Vegan Police character from the Scott Pilgrim movie).

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 4:26 am

Used to think it would be good idea, unfortuantly I lost most of my vocal abilities with the changing of my voice. Have not really much confidence anymore though, try a bit every so often, although my accent is a bit on the strong side most of the time.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 3:41 pm

Yes, I've often thought of such since not only can I mimic various forms but, I'm fairly good when it comes to accents though, no super great yet, not bad..

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 10:16 pm

DNForrest wrote:
For about the past year, yeah. I've actually been having people asking me if I'd thought about voice acting or narration work after hearing me talk (my voice is a bit like Chris Lee's with a hint of Mr. Movie Phone on occasion).

if you can sound like thurl ravenscroft or ross mitchell, the broadcasters will beat a path to your door.

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 2:10 am

auntblabby wrote:
if you can sound like thurl ravenscroft or ross mitchell, the broadcasters will beat a path to your door.

From my official diagnosis report last year:
"Voice quality: His voice was deep and robust, much like a trained voice for television or radio broadcasting, which was rather unexpected for someone his age and with his interests."

Hell, hosting a science and engineering program would be pretty damn cool.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 2:51 am

DNForrest wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

From my official diagnosis report last year:
"Voice quality: His voice was deep and robust, much like a trained voice for television or radio broadcasting, which was rather unexpected for someone his age and with his interests."

Hell, hosting a science and engineering program would be pretty damn cool.

if your voice is that good, consider getting an agent. they are always looking for new talent to make $$$ off of.

aliensyndrome
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jan 2011, 3:06 am

where do you get agent?

Foxx
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jan 2011, 3:33 am

I've considered doing voice acting as I do have great range in my voice and the ability to copy many accents almost flawlessly. One of the favourites amongst friends is my pirate voice :D

However, in Denmark voice acting jobs are incredibly sparse, especially since most cartoons use the same voice actors over and over again.

however, my voice talents could become a good asset within the games business as they are constantly searching for new voice actors.