Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 7:31 pm

The last 2 times I had medium coffee, once I had weird heart beats afterwards, the other time I had it in the evening. Not only did I get insomnia (bad idea to have coffee after a certain hour) my lips was a bit numb from time to time during that night.

I have decided to quit coffee. Soft drinks is fine, not too much caffeine. I also take sips when my dad buys coffee.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 9:09 pm

I only drink tea and soft drinks. I've cut out coffee and energy drinks. I've noticed that I'm happier and less anxious since I've done that and I'm wondering if anybody else notices, just by reading my posts and looking at my avatars on WP.

Last edited by CockneyRebel on 19 Jan 2011, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

19 Jan 2011, 9:09 pm

Sometimes coffee with make your heart beat wierd. its a stimulant, so if you feel its a problem you should quit, Its happend to me before but i'm never gonna stop drinking coffee.

plus, okay this is going to sound strange but i think its has magical powers, like in a few years a study will be done that says it protects your liver&kidneys from hard drinking and possibly cure alzheimers 8)

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 9:54 pm

Yes, I can't even have aspirin. It gives me heart palpitations, diarrhea and makes me sweat.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 11:27 pm

I have a high resistance to caffeine.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 12:31 am

The numbness thing sounds a little strange. I had the heart beats thing once, then my body built a fast tolerance to it again. Other than that, coffie obviously makes me crazy if I drink it during fetigue.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 11:41 am

Caffeine is a drug. Crazy things can happen.

markko
Raven
Raven

20 Jan 2011, 12:23 pm

I can't have caffeine after 2 PM. If I do, I end up tossing and turning all night.

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 2:01 pm

jc6chan wrote:
The last 2 times I had medium coffee, once I had weird heart beats afterwards, the other time I had it in the evening. Not only did I get insomnia (bad idea to have coffee after a certain hour) my lips was a bit numb from time to time during that night.

I have decided to quit coffee. Soft drinks is fine, not too much caffeine. I also take sips when my dad buys coffee.

I often get panic attacks from too much caffeine. I can drink a coke or something and be OK, but anything with larger amounts of caffeine is off-limits these days to me. I used to get bad panic attacks all the time. When I was living with my ex-girlfriend, we used to go through about a two liter of pepsi everyday. That was fattening, too sugary (my blood glucose level is now close to the pre-diabetic level, so I must be careful these days) and therefore....stupid :oops:

This was also giving me serious panic attacks on a weekly basis, so I had cut it out entirely. Now i'm on the horns of a dilemma though. I have been in training for a tech support/customer service position for Verizon Wireless now for four weeks. Next week is "Tech II" training week and then providing I pass the assessment, (passed all three so far and two with flying colors 8) There is one more today which should be pretty easy and then the Tech II assessment next week) i'll be in the call center after that.

Alot of the material is pretty boring though and I often find it difficult to stay awake in class. I have had a couple pepsis over the past few days in class and that's not something I really want to do for all the aforementioned reasons. While a pepsi or two every night won't give me a panic attack, it's fattening and filled with sugar of course. I can't STAND artifical sweetners of any sort so diet pepsi, coke, etc...is out of the question. I don't drink coffee or tea either too often and both would taste rather foul to me without sugar and again, i'm not using artificial sweetners. Even honey is pretty gross to me....at least in tea.

So I don't know what do in order to get enough caffeine to keep me alert and awake and NOT enough to give me a panic attack. Pills like No Doz or something are bound to give me a panic attack and I wouldn't want to pay for them all the time anyway.

Any suggestions? :?

Morning comes the sunrise and i'm driven to my bed, I see that it is empty and there's devils in my head. I embrace, the many-colored beast...I grow weary of the torment....can there be no peace? I find myself just wishing, that my life would simply cease

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 3:18 pm

jc6chan wrote:

----

There's a kind of double standard for caffeine in a supermarket (2011). In the food section, there are next to no cautions on a lot of products containing caffeine (coffees, teas, cola drinks, energy drinks); however, in the same supermarket in the drugstore section, there are written disclaimers on alertness aids containing caffeine which are like: Warnings - For occasional use only - Caffeine warning: The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heartbeat. Those written warning labels have been on caffeine containing products (often caffeine - 100 mg) at USA supermarkets for over forty years. The chemist who isolated caffeine was awarded the Nobel Prize over 100 years ago because caffeine is an unusual molecule. For a few persons with ADHD, the old medicine - coffee - caffeine compounds - works better (not a cure) than stronger stimulants - alerting agents - such as Ritalin, Dexedrine, and Adderall (also not cures). Good books on the topic of ADHD, caffeine, and nutrition include the How To (understand) Hyperactivity book (1981) about ADHD Inattentive by C. Thomas Wild and The Hyperactive Child book by Domeena C. Renshaw, M.D. Again, caffeine does work a little for a few persons with ADHD (not everyone) to temporarily reduce ADHD symptoms a little (not a cure). Caffeine, a weak stimulant - alerting agent, is considered to be safer and have less side-effects than stronger prescription medicines such as Ritalin, Dexedrine, Adderall and so on. That's my understanding. Organic coffees and teas are sold at grocery stores including health stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joes.