Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2006, 6:22 pm

Last night, I had a meltdown because I was so upset about not having a girlfriend. My parents finally got tired of it and kicked me out of their house. The meltdowns started years ago, just after my disastrous relationship with Claudia ended. (Claudia is the reason I don't date NT's).

I only make $1200 a month, and I don't think that will be enough to cover my rent, living expenses, and utilities. And I don't even know if my parents will even help pay for anything. And if I didn't have enough money, and I got evicted, my parents would not let me live with them again--they would just assume that I would have another meltdown.

And I don't even think my parents approve of my decisions. They want to tell me which college to go to, what to major in, and how to meet people.

They want me to major in geography (my major is geology). They want me to go to Sam Houston State (in Huntsville, Texas--80 miles north of Houston). And they want me to meet people at one of those big megachurches in Houston (I am Lutheran, plus I have very liberal views toward sex).

Tim

DreaminMan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jul 2006, 10:24 pm

Hey Tim I'm a 20 year old with AS and I know what it feels like to be kicked out...When I graduated from high school I had a real hard time adjusting to not going to school because it was so routine for me...I became extremly depressed and suicidal because I couldn't find work after going to vocational rehab and them trying to help me out with something that wouldnt be too stressfull I shared these suicidal thoughts with my Mother and Stepdad and instead of compassion and understanding I was kicked out and luckily I was able to move in with my dad...I now receive SSI (only $603 a month) and i'm able to help my dad out a little bit with rent and pay for my own food etc...But I have a constant fear of being kicked out and having to live alone...I feel this would be disastorous and I would isolate myself so much that I may hurt myself...I try to tell my dad this and he seems to understand and reassures me that he won't kick me out...but its always in the back of my mind...

I wish the best for you...just thought I'd share my experience with the matter...

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2006, 5:12 am

dude your missing the point....you had a meltdown and your parents are icking you out?
thats a good meltdown dude, they are sick of it and cant get through to you any other way....you need to tough it onyour own for a while they are tryign to help you but like most aspies you cant see this...you need to move out and see where this road goes dude..then maybe you will gety a handle on those meltdowns..we all have them we all need better self control..some hear better than others...good luck