Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 12:11 pm

Thats not likely what he's doing, he's probably pointing out the unlikely hood of democracy surviving in that climate.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 12:47 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
georgewbush wrote:
8 ) conducted two wars which will result in freedom for 50 million people (millions of women in the middle east are now able to vote and go to school) and their posterity, ousting two brutal regimes and supplanting them with democracies.

Yeah, right :roll:

How can you Defend Saddam whom tortured children while their parents were forced to watch?

No one here is defending Saddam. What I am doing is disputing the demonstrably false claim that Iraq is better off now than they were ten years ago.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 12:53 pm

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 12:54 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
georgewbush wrote:
8 ) conducted two wars which will result in freedom for 50 million people (millions of women in the middle east are now able to vote and go to school) and their posterity, ousting two brutal regimes and supplanting them with democracies.

How can you Defend Saddam whom tortured children while their parents were forced to watch?

False duality. To oppose war with Saddam and his overthrow is not to approve of his actions.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 1:37 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
georgewbush wrote:

False duality. To oppose war with Saddam and his overthrow is not to approve of his actions.

So Damn Insanity topic

Anyone miss Saddam? :P

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 1:37 pm

Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
georgewbush wrote:

No one here is defending Saddam. What I am doing is disputing the demonstrably false claim that Iraq is better off now than they were ten years ago.

Well they have a bunch of terrorists pouring in from Iran to cause all kinds of problems. How much would the violence lessen if Iran stopped supporting terrorist attacks, probably a lot.

Seriously, Bush had plenty of reasons for invading Iraq if you want to get down to it.

Also, WMD's were found in Iraq.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/internatio ... 7AZ3RO9qnM

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-bl ... -wmds-iraq

Wow imagine that, the Lamestream media lied again to try to smear Bush again.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 2:07 pm

sartresue wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
georgewbush wrote:

So Damn Insanity topic

Our billions of dollars wasted on nation-building in Iraq misses Saddam.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 2:11 pm

skafather84 wrote:
sartresue wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
georgewbush wrote:

So Damn Insanity topic

So then we should have just left West Germany in ruins at the end of World War II?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 2:28 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
sartresue wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
georgewbush wrote:

So Damn Insanity topic

So then we should have just left West Germany in ruins at the end of World War II?

And how is a preemptive attack on a bankrupt country with an increasingly irrelevant dictator the same thing as WWII?

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 4:21 pm

skafather84 wrote:
sartresue wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
georgewbush wrote:

So Damn Insanity topic

What happened to the middle east after the Soviets left? The extremists filled the void since they just left after they handled their business. I wouldn't call nation building a waste of money.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 4:24 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
What happened to the middle east after the Soviets left? The extremists filled the void since they just left after they handled their business. I wouldn't call nation building a waste of money.

When it supersedes our own domestic interests, it's very much a waste of money.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 4:51 pm

georgewbush wrote:

Hey guys, if you didn't notice he was a troll by reading his nick name, try paying attention to this point

:P :P

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 5:30 pm

Oh, look- a troll. I'm going to respond anyway, seeing as I'm bored here before I go to work.

georgewbush wrote:
3) he implemented no child left behind program to increase school funding and measure accountability

That program totally screwed up my elementary and middle school education. It may have brought some schools up to speed, but it actually brought mine down. Instead of learning stuff that was challenging and enlightening to me- as someone with a higher IQ than average, I was stuck learning stuff that was easy and pointless to me, but other kids still didn't seem to totally understand. So, I have him to thank for a severely mediocre education.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 6:03 pm

skafather84 wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:

When it supersedes our own domestic interests, it's very much a waste of money.
Besides the fact it's common courtesy to clean up your own mess, abandoning em without securing their system is dooming its history to be repeated. There's no point of going to Iraq to take out Saddam if the next leader is gonna be just another tyrant. That was Inuyasha's point when he was talking about WWII.

If you're saying the states shouldn't have been in Iraq, then I agree but since they're there then they might as well clean up their mess and make sure their system is secured. I agree with Afghanistan though, that's definitely necessary.