The wonderful world of online dating

Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

bardesanes
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jan 2011, 11:22 am

I've had some bad luck with online dating. I had eHarmony for a few months but never had one date. The closest I got was a South American girl (I seem to have better luck with latinas) who was WAY out of my league but it fell apart as soon as we moved to the phone. OKCupid hasn't worked for me. I end up trading e-mails back and forth with girls but they never go anywhere. The worst part is when women I know show up in my matches and I don't want to date any of these women. At a friend's urging, I asked out a girl on Facebook. She said yes, we went out, but she turned out to be more neurotic than I'll ever be and an hour in told me this wasn't a date. I still get daily messages from her but I never called her again. What I don't like about online dating is everyone hates a "wink" and I can never figure out what to e-mail them about, even if we have similar interests.

JazzofLife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2011, 12:50 am

HopefulRomantic wrote:
I'm in the predicament in which a lot of my friends just don't know anyone single and in my age range. So, the Internet affords the opportunity to meet a vast population of men who meet some of my criteria (my laundry list so to speak)! When a guy spends a lot of time on his profile write up and it smacks of high intelligence and some common interests and attitudes - my radar starts buzzing!

And I start thinking HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....... this guy just might be interesting!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Leslie

I see your point, Leslie.. and I can see why I might be a little reluctant with the online stuff, since nothing ever seemed to work out.. I just look at it as being one step closer each and every step of the way along my journey in this lifetime. I know whatcha mean about spending a lot of time on writing it up and such *wink*.

Scott

Dx'd with AS and AD/HD Combined in 2007

Interests: Music, great outdoors (beach/mountains), cooking/baking, philosophy, arts/sciences, reading, writing, sports, spirituality, Green, sus