Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 6:22 pm

Has anyone heard of Buckethead? I think he is probably just about the best musician on the planet, but nobody really seems to have heard of him.... Any Buckethead Fans out there? If so, let's discuss!

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 9:01 pm

Heard of it. Not a fan.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 12:57 am

yes i know of Buckethead,Jordan my best buddy Drew is a MAJOR fan of his i like him also. but im more of a Michelangelo Batio fan lol

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 10:54 am

I don't mind a bit of Michelangelo Batio either, but he does make me cringe seeing him, I can't look at him playing. At least Buckethead has his mask to stop me from seeing whatever cringeworthy face he might be making underneath while he's concentrating. I do enjoy neo - classical though.

YourMother
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 8:13 pm

I am familiar with the works of Buckethead. He has insane guitar skills, not sure about the best musician on the planet, though. I'm not really sure what makes a good musician.

P.S. have you seen his guitar lesson video? It's brilliant.

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 8:35 am

YourMother wrote:
I am familiar with the works of Buckethead. He has insane guitar skills, not sure about the best musician on the planet, though. I'm not really sure what makes a good musician.

P.S. have you seen his guitar lesson video? It's brilliant.

I do think some musicians equal him, but I don't think there any any better. I have seen the guitar lesson video (and pretty much every everything on 'Young Buckethead' Volumes 1 & 2 and 'Secret Recipe'.) It's good but I can't understand hardly a word he say's on there (through his puppet, of course), still makes me laugh though.

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jun 2012, 10:50 am

I've heard of Buckethead.... Listened to a couple of songs... Out of what I have listened to, I think Jordan's the best... I said I haven't listened to him much.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 11:14 am

Haven't heard of him. I'll check him out.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 2:24 am

He's the guitarist who wears a mask due to stage fright, yes?

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 2:31 pm

According to some theories that's why. He's actually quite a showman though. The mask probably does help.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

ObamaGoesPostal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jun 2012, 6:45 am

I've read alot about him that he has Asperger's, but haven't really got it confirmed. Anyone who would know?

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 5:31 pm

I think mainly the rumours about him being autistic are due to the fact that he is more or less silent (as part of his act) and is very good at what he does for a living (unfortunately many people think having a talent = being a savant).

He does seem a bit on the geeky side with his interests in Giant Robot and horror / sci etc. but that's not really enough to determine whether or not he's autistic. He does seem quite kooky and odd but it's most probably just a part of his persona onstage and for the public.

Although having never known him personally (unfortunately) I cannot say for sure if he is or not.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.