Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

mrandysmiley
Raven
Raven

22 Jan 2011, 7:11 pm

I just finished watching the film "The Social Network". I thought it was well made but I have some issues with it. Zuckerberg is portrayed as someone who is socially akward. I have heard Temple Grandin say in an interview that if this film and the book it is based on are truth (which many say it is not) Zuckerberg has some form of AS. If he does have AS and the film is mostly true, what does that say about us? Are we "as*holes" as the film depicts Zuckerberg as being? Are friendships secondary? Are we easily swayed and lack emotion? Are we too honest? I hated how the film had to show the "Stereotypes" of AS. I realize that this film is not entirely accurate but it makes me feel very angry, confused and depressed. Maybe I'm an as*hole too and I just don't know it(joke). I would like to know what many of you thought about this movie and if it is in fact setting the AS/Autism community back 20 years.

tristangoding
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2011, 3:12 am

I look at the film as more of a character study than anything else. I don't see it as a biography at all. I don't think that the character that Jesse Eisenberg played has Aspergers. I think that he is just plain socially awkward, and I believe that has more to do with his personal philosophy than it did with any kind of mental disorder. This is just my opinion, of course.