Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

As far as poems go, how would you rate mine?
Excellent 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Great 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Above average 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Average 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Below average 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

_Russell_
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jan 2011, 11:53 am

Hi,

I write poetry and I have a new website...

Check it out and tell me what you think! Thanks! :D

http://www.autisticpoet.com

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 12:52 pm

Better than you'd expect from those annoying free sitemakers. Not as good as a "real" site would be, but still okay.

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 4:33 pm

I like it, I really like the Mesas, I like the colours but the picture on the main page of you while it would be a good pic is a bit fuzzy so thats a little off-putting.
I read the Bio page and immediately wanted to find out more about you and looked around a bit and found that item about you on the Aritcles page, so maybe move it onto the BIO page? Not sure, these just my initial thoughts..
I like the poem 'The Conscience of Man'.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 5:01 pm

why is the picture(which i assume is supposed to be some sort of banner) below the menubar? Also you need to redo the look of your poll the questions visibility is lacking. You should look into organizing your poetry either on separate pages or either through some sort of flash application that allows your users to view them independently(which is to say one poem is on the screen at a time) and without scrolling. The color choices are pretty good. Also when you do have a gallery you will have to find some way to organize that as well.

On another note do you have a link for the quote from temple grandin?

_Russell_

24 Jan 2011, 11:43 am

ikorack wrote:
You should look into organizing your poetry either on separate pages or either through some sort of flash application that allows your users to view them independently(which is to say one poem is on the screen at a time) and without scrolling.

Thanks guys for all the feedback!

I can't figure out how to link the poems to a flash program... :?

I don't have a link for the Temple Grandin quote. It's in a hand-written letter that I received from her...

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 12:25 pm

_Russell_ wrote:
ikorack wrote:
You should look into organizing your poetry either on separate pages or either through some sort of flash application that allows your users to view them independently(which is to say one poem is on the screen at a time) and without scrolling.

Thanks guys for all the feedback!

I can't figure out how to link the poems to a flash program... :?

I don't have a link for the Temple Grandin quote. It's in a hand-written letter that I received from her...

I'm not sure what your talking about, but you could always just go with linking separate pages for the poems, with the current page changing to an index and each page with a poem on it could have next and back links.

You could always find someone who knows flash and web design and ask them.(i just know some of the uses for flash not how to actually implement any of it.)

_Russell_

24 Jan 2011, 7:22 pm

Okay I put my poems on different pages, moved my article to my bio, and tried clearing up my picture a bit....

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 10:09 pm

_Russell_ wrote:
Okay I put my poems on different pages, moved my article to my bio, and tried clearing up my picture a bit....

Have you considered centering the poems on each page? How are you coding this? Also have you tried looking at other fonts? The twitter URL can(and should) be embedded in the twitter icon. I still think the banner should be above the navigation bar it seems so icky below.