Should I post my REAL height/weight on a dating site?

Page 4 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 10:15 pm

I think Bethie and Volodja should continue their discussion over drinks. :idea:

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

29 Jan 2011, 10:19 pm

Volodja wrote:
I would rather be alone that with a woman I'm not attracted to though
I'm fine with being single

Fine. That's your personal prerogative.
Volodja wrote:
Would you want to be with a guy who was so desperate that he'd be with a girl he didn't even find attractive?

I wouldn't want to be with a guy AT ALL who thought a number on a scale was more important than getting to know and love a person,
or someone who thought human attraction could be summarily characterized as "being physically attracted to a minority of people based on socio-cultural conditioning I don't care about examining."
Volodja wrote:
As for people being aroused by other things than looks, of course. But looks is one of those things, and it plays a pretty big part, especially in initial attraction

The implication here is aesthetic objectivism- that "looking good" is synonymous with "not being fat".

alex
Developer
Developer

29 Jan 2011, 10:31 pm

Bethie wrote:
I wouldn't want to be with a guy AT ALL who thought a number on a scale was more important than getting to know and love a person,

it sounds like you've answered your original question. Posting your real weight will weed out the guys you don't want.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

29 Jan 2011, 10:34 pm

alex wrote:
Bethie wrote:

it sounds like you've answered your original question. Posting your real weight will weed out the guys you don't want.

One of the first posters said something almost identical, and I think that's a very good point.

But I already closed the account in question, so at this point we're just kicking a ball around.

:)

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 10:55 pm

Bethie wrote:
The implication here is aesthetic objectivism- that "looking good" is synonymous with "not being fat".

No. Everyone likes different things. All I am saying is the only girls *I* have liked have been thin.

I'm not gonna try and make myself be attracted to fat women any more than I'm gonna try and make myself bisexual or make myself like pensioners. I don't get what's so bad about that. I'd be FRIENDS with someone regardless of how they look, but for a relationship, I want to find them both physically AND emotionally attractive

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 11:35 pm

Volodja wrote:
Bethie wrote:

No. Everyone likes different things. All I am saying is the only girls *I* have liked have been thin.

I'm not gonna try and make myself be attracted to fat women any more than I'm gonna try and make myself bisexual or make myself like pensioners. I don't get what's so bad about that. I'd be FRIENDS with someone regardless of how they look, but for a relationship, I want to find them both physically AND emotionally attractive

Repeat yourself another five times,
maybe THAT'll address my point.

:?

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 12:02 am

which was?

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 5:13 pm

Volodja wrote:
which was?

I'm done. Banging one's head against a wall is only so much fun.

:roll:

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 6:44 pm

:flower: