Should I post my REAL height/weight on a dating site?

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

23 Jan 2011, 3:12 pm

Over a hundred people have viewed my Aspie Affection profile in two weeks,
but I haven't gotten a single wink or message.

I can't help but feel men don't want to talk to me when they see how much I weigh.

Should I change it to "tell you later" or whatever the non-descript option is?
Wouldn't that just tell them I'm fat anyway, only not honest about it?

I wish dating sites didn't ask at all, or they had an option to remove that question from your profile.

What do you guys think?

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 3:15 pm

the truth always outs.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 3:20 pm

Which would hurt you more--not getting any responses to your honest profile, or getting responses to a false one THEN getting blatantly rejected when you send them your picture or meet up with them in person?

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

23 Jan 2011, 3:39 pm

I'm inclined toward the truth as well,
but in all honesty,
I'd very likely not end up meeting with them,
either due to distance or other factors about me someone might not be able to stand.

I'd never lie about my weight, which is what I now realize my thread title implied.
Just wondering if I should put it out there or keep it secret.

Ugh. Even if I just became friends with someone, or did the online/LD dating thing,
I'd always wonder if they would have contacted me had they known how fat I am.

:cry:

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 4:42 pm

I would be truthful about how much you weigh and how tall you are.

A decent man will care more for what is in a woman's mind/brain than how many kilos are in her mass (weight = mass x g).

The problem I see is that many people have an uglyness of the mind, I view ugly minds as a nasty problem which is close to unfixable and is more unattractive in a person than a host of physical disfigurements.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 5:18 pm

Tell the truth. If you are uncomfortable with your weight you should still be honest but you can give a general range (ex. 120-150 lbs.) rather than your specific weight.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 5:33 pm

I just put "overweight" on my dating profile. I figure that if a man can't accept a few extra pounds, he's not worth my time. D:

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 7:04 pm

Most people trim/add a couple.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 7:40 pm

Whats worse, Weeding people out who who don't like you at the start, or weeding them out after you've wasted time getting to know them before telling them?

Also there are better dating sites than aspie affection. You may want to try some other ones :)

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 8:00 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Whats worse, Weeding people out who who don't like you at the start, or weeding them out after you've wasted time getting to know them before telling them?

Quoted For Truth.

Thanks, errbody.

:)

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 11:07 pm

Erisad wrote:
I just put "overweight" on my dating profile. I figure that if a man can't accept a few extra pounds, he's not worth my time. D:

He's not worth YOUR time? So what are you bringing to the table that makes you worth HIS time?

It cuts both ways.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 11:11 pm

^ As far as I can see, she brings, beauty, humour, love and fun to the table.

And the fact is that beauty comes in many different forms shapes and sizes, and even in people like me who are overweight.

Taking a break.

Last edited by zen_mistress on 23 Jan 2011, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 11:16 pm

Wombat wrote:
Erisad wrote:

He's not worth YOUR time? So what are you bringing to the table that makes you worth HIS time?

It cuts both ways.

Dude, chill out. My bf's overweight too. I accept him for who he is, regardless of his weight and if a man wouldn't be able to do the same for me then it's not worth it. :/

Thanks zen_mistress. :)

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 11:17 pm

You're welcome! :)

Taking a break.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 11:23 pm

Wombat does have a good point...but still it's your personal opinion and it doesn't hurt anyone (maybe it hurts a few people's chances, poor babies)

Bethie, the answer is YES (preferably) or leave it out (not recommended). I would be flipping pissed if I talked to someone for a week with their profile saying 130lbs, drive 50 miles to go on a date and she either doesn't fit in my car or tries to give me a better education on the human skeletal system.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 11:41 pm

I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings but I think that a lot of girls these days have a "princess" mentality.

They "deserve" Prince Charming. They deserve a $5000 engagement ring and a $50,000 wedding.

Like those ads on TV.
You should have a $100 bottle of skin cream because "you are worth it".

But if a woman "deserves" a tall, dark, handsome and rich Alpha male then what do you put on the table?

Are you beautiful?
Are you rich?
Are you a virgin?
Are you smart?
Will you be loyal to him and be a good mother to his children?