Should I post my REAL height/weight on a dating site?

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 11:41 pm

I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings but I think that a lot of girls these days have a "princess" mentality.

They "deserve" Prince Charming. They deserve a $5000 engagement ring and a $50,000 wedding.

Like those ads on TV.
You should have a $100 bottle of skin cream because "you are worth it".

But if a woman "deserves" a tall, dark, handsome and rich Alpha male then what do you put on the table?

Are you beautiful?
Are you rich?
Are you a virgin?
Are you smart?
Will you be loyal to him and be a good mother to his children?

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 11:49 pm

Erisad really isn't high on the princess mentality if you recall how she was months ago. She didn't think she was worth anyone...or at least that's what she told us. So please don't harp on her personally for that. I do agree though that a lot of women (and men) think they're "better than that".

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 11:59 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
Erisad really isn't high on the princess mentality if you recall how she was months ago. She didn't think she was worth anyone...or at least that's what she told us. So please don't harp on her personally for that. I do agree though that a lot of women (and men) think they're "better than that".

Thanks. I did think that way of myself back then. Low self esteem ahoy! :D

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 12:02 am

Wombat wrote:
I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings but I think that a lot of girls these days have a "princess" mentality.

They "deserve" Prince Charming. They deserve a $5000 engagement ring and a $50,000 wedding.

Like those ads on TV.

Most people don't actually want those things.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 12:10 am

If people didn't want those things there wouldn't be a market for them and if there wasn't a market for them they wouldn't exist.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 12:14 am

Pistonhead wrote:
If people didn't want those things there wouldn't be a market for them and if there wasn't a market for them they wouldn't exist.

Most people. I didn't say all of them.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 12:19 am

Eh, people want more than they can have. For every man that buys a Ferrari there's 1000 middle school boys wishing they had a Ferrari.

A $50K wedding is much less ridiculous (to most people) than a Ferrari :lol:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 12:34 am

Pistonhead wrote:
Eh, people want more than they can have. For every man that buys a Ferrari there's 1000 middle school boys wishing they had a Ferrari.

A $50K wedding is much less ridiculous (to most people) than a Ferrari :lol:

Quite possibly. Maybe it's the fact I would think a 50,000 dollar wedding is like tipping buckets of money down the drain, different priorities etc. At least a car you can keep using for years.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 12:41 am

I would too, but honestly my girlfriend's dad would probably throw a wedding with expenses up in that region, then again he paid thousands for her ex boyfriend's teeth. If it's a Ferrari you only get to use it (reasonably) for part of the years :lol:

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 1:00 am

Wombat wrote:

Like those ads on TV.

But if a woman "deserves" a tall, dark, handsome and rich Alpha male then what do you put on the table?

Are you beautiful?
Are you rich?
Are you a virgin?
Are you smart?

Yes to all 5.

Taking a break.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 1:07 am

Having an expensive wedding is just one of those things that (privileged) NTs do. There's no practical reason behind it and most people probably don't want it, but they do it anyway.

My mother herself grudgingly spent $50,000 on my brother's wedding. She's still hoping she could even things out by constantly telling me to request a $5,000 engagement ring and a $50,000 wedding ring the minute I meet my Prince Charming.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 1:22 am

Wombat wrote:

Like those ads on TV.

Are you beautiful?
Are you rich?
Are you a virgin?
Are you smart?

I think you're missing the point. All people have said on this thread is that they deserve better than a guy who will consider their self worth solely in terms of their weight (disregarding all other attributes). This is a COMPLETELY reasonable expectation.

Everyone who isn't anorexic or has a super rare "supermodel" natural body type is overweight these days according to the media. It's disgusting. And the distorted focus on looks is completely gender biased. I was commenting to my mum the other day that in every drama show you see on TV there are a range of lead male characters of different appearance, weight, height, body type, and attractiveness, but <b>every single</b> female character has the exact same body type; the figure of a model - tall and unrealistically slim for their age group. What sort of message is that sending out to society? That it's ok for men to just be themselves and be judged on attributes they have control over - like achievements, attitude towards life, work ethic, but if you're a woman it's look like a model or gtfo.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 2:13 am

^ +1

Taking a break.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 5:50 am

If you lie you'll probably get rejected when you meet face to face.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 7:38 am

sunshower wrote:
I think you're missing the point. All people have said on this thread is that they deserve better than a guy who will consider their self worth solely in terms of their weight (disregarding all other attributes). This is a COMPLETELY reasonable expectation.

Everyone who isn't anorexic or has a super rare "supermodel" natural body type is overweight these days according to the media. It's disgusting. And the distorted focus on looks is completely gender biased. I was commenting to my mum the other day that in every drama show you see on TV there are a range of lead male characters of different appearance, weight, height, body type, and attractiveness, but <b>every single</b> female character has the exact same body type; the figure of a model - tall and unrealistically slim for their age group. What sort of message is that sending out to society? That it's ok for men to just be themselves and be judged on attributes they have control over - like achievements, attitude towards life, work ethic, but if you're a woman it's look like a model or gtfo.

+ 1 QFT

b9
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 7:49 am

it is so obvious that you can not lie.
the only reason i can think of that anyone could lie is that they wish to experience a temporary crush that someone may develop for them based on untruths.

how pathetic. falsehoods are unsustainable and you must tell the truth so that you may attract those who are aware of who you are even if it may take a long time.

the world is full of people who select who they wish to love based on appearances, and therefore it is full of shallowness and cheapness of endeavor, but if someone can love you for who you are then you can cuddle them with complete trust.

if no one has yet seen a reason to love you, and you accept the advances of someone who is attracted to what you falsely say you are, then you have not allowed sufficient time to elapse before you cave in and accept the affections of those who admire your dishonest representation of yourself.

love based on dishonesty will tumble as surely as a tower built on quicksand.