Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 3:02 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
From my protests against the First Gulf War (1990-1991), the build-up in 1990, the war itself in 1991, police brutality is definitely a possibility. Even scarier was the Republican National Convention in 1992.

Some police really don't like protestors, regardless of the issue being protested. Yes, even though we are living in a democracy, some individual police officers take a much more authoritarian outlook, esp if they give 'an order' which is viewed as all sacred. Please seek the counsel of more experienced activists and have a support system, including legal, set up in advance if you can get it.

There is an upsurge in the use of Tazers by Police. Only a matter of time before they taze a disabled protester.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 4:12 pm

And to some extent, we have to become our own media, which we can do with the internet.

And please remember: I LIVE IN THE STATES. although I wish my friends across the pond all the best :D and we can learn a lot from you guys!

psych
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 10:04 pm

very encouraging article re: kettling

it might be possible to avoid them on the bigger demos as long as someone with a smartphone is nearby (which is inevitable these days).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/feb/0 ... ettling-hq