PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 5:53 am

verbal0rchid wrote:
Per this thread on a hormone forum I'm a member of:

Removing amalgams for thyroid issues?

Quote:
Mercury is a known endocrine disruptor so yes, it can impact thyroid. I was told it can make it difficult to become optimized and stable. I had my amalgams removed about 8 months ago. I did it hoping it would help, but mostly to help my future unborn (un-conceived) children.

Just my personal opinion on chelating here...

I did a TON of research on chelation after removal (remember to never do it before your amalgams are out). I read research articles, talked with experts in the field, spoke with docs, etc. My opinion based on actual research is that even without chelation, your mercury levels start to decline pretty rapidly except for the first week or so after removal when there is a slight increase. After that, there is a steady decline. This is true for everything I read except Andy Cutler's protocol. He says there is a spike around 6 months post removal. I found NO evidence for this. I tried to get an answer from him about where that speculation came from and I never got it. I had joined the yahoo group to get more info on it and there was really no acceptance for any other ideas. That was a total turn off for me. Plus, some responses from Cutler himself were very judgmental. I saw one woman ask about getting pregnant after the removal and he said that if she didn't wait 18mos-24mos after removal, she was risking her baby's health and should wonder if God will punish her for it. Nice, huh? I'm not making this up. ;-) Anyway, I ended up just doing natural things and eating well. I had no 6 month mark where I suddenly felt worse. I used cilantro with chlorella (which Cutler thinks is dangerous), increased selenium, increased Vit C, and ate good food.

I had no toothaches or problems before removing my amalgams, but have had issues since. I had deep cavities UNDER the amalgams so I don't know that this caused the problems, but it aggravated the pulp so I've been fighting a toothache for a long time now. I had to have crowns put on most of the fillings because they were so large. My insurance paid for 1/2 of everything. For 4 crowns and 2 fillings, it cost me $2100.

You could TRY that angle, especially if you DO have hormone issues and a doc willing to confirm it on paper, but from what Bree stated, she had more problems afterward, and it was terribly expensive.

Well, I reckon i most likely do have hormonal issues of some kind. I generally do not sleep well so i am quite sure that my pineal gland is not functioning as well as it could be (i avoid flouride, MSG and use organic vegan soaps for cleaning for the same reason).

My appointment is supposed to be in about a months time.

I am sure i will have heavy metal sensitivities because i am sensitive to caffeine, medication, recreational drugs (which i class alcohol under as well), sugar, gluten and probably anything else you can imagine.

Say i am going to go to a doctor before then, what should i ask them exactly? None of this is actually confirmed on paper but i have a good enough idea from adjusting my diet to see what works best with me. Doctors in the UK are usually quite reluctant to carry out the tests to confirm anything.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 11:35 am

PatrickNeville wrote:
Todesking wrote:
I did not need silver fillings until I was in my late teens I can say I certainly had AS before then. :roll:

Hence why i asked if it could make the existing symptoms worse.

I would have to say no, I stayed the same. As I got older I pretty much had the same level of unease and awkwardness around new people.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 1:05 pm

Todesking wrote:
PatrickNeville wrote:
Todesking wrote:
I did not need silver fillings until I was in my late teens I can say I certainly had AS before then. :roll:

Hence why i asked if it could make the existing symptoms worse.

I would have to say no, I stayed the same. As I got older I pretty much had the same level of unease and awkwardness around new people.

Well as other people said chewing your teeth (which i sometimes do unfortunately) and hot drinks can cause the mercury to liquefy. This can slowly lead to poisoning if i am right.

Also got a friend who was Lyme disease who if effected by high mercury levels, which has been getting better as she has been getting her fillings removed one by one.

I have many sensitivities as it is so if i can, i am going to play it safe, opt for non mercury fills and try to negotiate a reduction on the price from the non mercury ones.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 5:28 pm

I have notice that some days I am worst than others in my social anxiety but that could be caused by anything or simply a bigger crowd or more noise than normal.

matrixluver
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jan 2011, 7:56 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
Right first of all i have aspergers, which also means i am more than like to have a sensitivity to heavy metals. They accumulate in the body quite easily for autistic people. Secondly, i am supposed to get fillings which will get done for free, BUT they are mercury fillings. Can anyone help find some peer reviewed studies proving that I will have sensitivities to heavy metals and that mercury could make my autistic symptoms worse please?

I want to try and use this basis as a way of getting the more expensive non mercury fillings done for free. Otherwise I really do not want to get anything done at the dentist as I know that over time it could make the symptoms worse.

Would appreciate any input from anybody.

1) DAN doctors use a chelating agent to draw heavy metals from the body during "testing" and then compare the results to a "normal" reading, which is taken from someone who has not received a chelating agent. So it makes the results seem elevated in a fraudulent manner.
2) In case you haven't noticed, the Lancet retracted the original study linking mercury in vaccines because the study was not only unreliable and unethical, but was intentionally fraudulent as well (changing participants' medical records to suit the study)
3) Mercury preservatives that USED to be in vaccines have a half life of about 3 days. Out of your system within a week, people.
4) When it was present, the amount of mercury was equivalent to one can of tuna Incidentally, the type of mercury in tuna is stored in your fat cells but the mercury that used to be in vaccinations does NOT stay in the body.
5) Mercury is no longer in vaccines, so if mercury causes autism, then why are rates INCREASING?
6) A recent study (you can find on sciencedaily.com) found that there is LESS mercury in individuals with autism than typical people.

Get the fillings with mercury. I did. Haven't noticed that I'm less social.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 11:59 am

matrixluver wrote:
5) Mercury is no longer in vaccines, so if mercury causes autism, then why are rates INCREASING?
l.

Just going to play it safe i reckon nayway and not get them.

I would say there is a combination of other factors which are contributing to the rise in autism....

Food additives such as Monosodium Glutomate, an excitotoxin which in a nutshell, attacks parts of the brain not protected by the blood brain barrier and is especially damaging for unborn children as they have NO blood brain barrier in early development. This food additive does enhance the flavour but comes at a high cost if you ask me. It is in many food products as well.

There is also the amount of chemicals we use in stuff like cosmetics, cleaning products and other chemicals we may come across day to day. This could also be passed through the system of a pregnant woman.

Diets high in saturated fat whilst pregnant could possibly contribute.

Air pollution could play a small part.

The rise in drug use (alcohol, medications and tobacco included) is likely to have an effect on the genes a person passes down and effect unborn children during pregnancy.

I believe that all the things i just mentioned have been on the increase for quite some time, so a realistic controlled study to isolate any particular is near impossible.

EDIT: all the caffine and sugar may also contribute

The growth hormones and anti biotics fed to all kind of live stock may be a heavy contributer too.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

27 Jan 2011, 4:26 pm

I think the problem is that if you look carefully enough, everything can be shown to cause damage in some way or another.
Man-made or occurring in nature; anything.
But when the only evidence used to prove the danger of something is exposed as fraudulent or pseudoscience, it really is time to walk away from that particular worry.