Theory about the star wars prequel trilogy

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 12:58 pm

all right, i was thinking, if the prequel trilogy was made for little children, then was was revenge of the sith so dark? i have a theory, what if the movies are supposed to "age" with them, so an example would be.......

phantom menace for 6 year olds

attack of the clones for 9 year olds

revenge of the sith for 12 year olds

what do you guys think?

Last edited by imbatshitcrazy on 26 Jan 2011, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 1:08 pm

when you put it that way i guess that it is kind of right.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 1:55 pm

Ha, thats funny, I was exactly these ages when they came out... I think :D

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 2:12 pm

this is not a question for fans of the original trilogy as they were filmed and shown in the seventies and early eighties.

You're talking about the prequels.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 3:43 pm

MasterJedi wrote:
this is not a question for fans of the original trilogy as they were filmed and shown in the seventies and early eighties.

You're talking about the prequels.

Indeed. Original means first from a chronological standpoint, not from the standpoint of plot.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 3:51 pm

Possibly, but since children's emotional maturity levels can range from very immature-very mature you can't predict how all kids are going to react to different movies.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 4:18 pm

sorry for the mix up. i meant to ask you fans of the originals a question about the prequels because anyone who actually LIKES the prequels will defend them, and that really pisses me off. i guess i worded it wrong. my bad

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 4:29 pm

imbatshitcrazy wrote:
sorry for the mix up. i meant to ask you fans of the originals a question about the prequels because anyone who actually LIKES the prequels will defend them, and that really pisses me off. i guess i worded it wrong. my bad

Now that you say that, I can see where you were going. My literal Aspie brain couldn't make the leap without help.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 9:00 pm

imbatshitcrazy wrote:

not at all. Happy to help.

I like the prequels for entertainment value only. I like to think of them occurring in another universe with similar characters.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 11:16 pm

do you guys like/dislike my theory? why or why not?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 2:30 pm

imbatshitcrazy wrote:
do you guys like/dislike my theory? why or why not?

I'm pretty certain Lucas made the prequels for his kids. That, and he seems to have forgotten that the original fans, who may have watched the original trilogy as children, are adults now.
I know, he isn't so dense as to really believe all this - that's just my perception of things.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 2:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm pretty certain Lucas made the prequels for his kids.

i agree with you, but i doubt he made revenge of the sith for 6 year olds

Kraichgauer wrote:
That, and he seems to have forgotten that the original fans, who may have watched the original trilogy as children, are adults now.
I know, he isn't so dense as to really believe all this - that's just my perception of things.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

agreed

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 2:51 pm

Harry Potter can be looked at like this.

The higher the number, the darker it gets.