Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2006, 2:36 pm

Hi-
My name's Mark and I'm brand spankin' new to all of this. I'm 48 years old but I've only been an aspie for a few weeks now, not even officially diagnosed yet. Definitely a late bloomer. I got divorced a year ago and have been attempting on-line dating for the last couple of months and I'm pretty discouraged with it. It's just too hard, too much work, like socializing, LoL. However, I've just discovered this site and Aspie Affect. I've interacted a little with one young lady, JulieKitty, and one very young lady, Solidess, and I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. I never imagined socializing could so much fun, so much not like work. It is so nice to just feel free to just be my weird self and to feel so accepted. Now I know what I want, I want an aspie-girl! Now if I could just find one remotely close to my age and within 500 mi. of Tallahassee. Aspie Affect girls, you must post a photo, or at least some profile details. I'm typically available on-line evenings and weekends, and I'm looking forward to more e-socializing with aspies of all ages, sizes, shapes, colors and textures.
-Thanks so much for being here, Mark

Post Script:

Hobbies and Interests: Hiking, bird watching/listening, and computers

Favorite music: I don’t like listening to music, unless it’s something like Beethoven’s 9th and I turn it up really loud and I do NOTHING else.

Books: A. C. Clarke, especially “Songs of Distant Earth,” “Hidden Value” Harvard Business Press, “Different Like Me” by Jennifer Elder

TV shows/Movies: Enterprise, Two and a Half Man, Remains of the Day

Instrument: I play the piano, but only for the birds.

Family: Mom died on Mother’s day in 1993. Dad’s maybe an aspie, definitely an alcoholic. Brothers 2 and 5 years younger, sister 12 years younger, all NT and I never see them.

Clothing: White cotton button down shirts, ideal for Florida. I tried a blue one once, I didn’t look as good.

How did I find this website? Link at http://www.orgsites.com/fl/tallahassee_ ... index.html

Job: Half-time Senior Library Assistant

Plans for the future? What plans? Life is what happens to you while you’re making other plans.

:wink:

BlueFireBird
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2006, 3:33 pm

Hello, Welcome here.
Do you have plans to visit a doctor in order to get tests on Autism?

Sundy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2006, 4:57 pm

Howdy and Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Playing piano for the birds? Animals love music.

-Ann-

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2006, 4:58 pm

hi welcome.. what kinds of birds do you look for, all birds or a specific species.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2006, 6:28 pm

BlueFireBird-
My employer-sponsored counselor has found a psychologist for me who specializes in screening for ASD in adults, and my HMO is going to pay for it! They don’t usually pay for diagnostic tests.

Ann-
Yes, the cardinals seem to join in, but it could just be my imagination.

Raph-
“Listen for” is a more accurate description. I can hear better than I can see. The local bird population varies by season. Now there are Cardinals, Titmice, Chick-a-dees, Woodpeckers (very shy), Hawks, Owls and Hummingbirds. In the winter there are also Chipping Sparrows, Goldfinches, more Hawks and Owls and occasionally shore birds and geese. Owls have their wing tips trimmed for silent flight. I was able to walk up right under one once before it took off, Silently. It was… spooky.

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2006, 6:45 pm

Welcome aboard fellow Floridian. My name is Kenneth and I'm from Jax but currently living in Ohio ( but planning to move back in spring).