Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

as1337
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jan 2015, 6:49 pm

I thought alien isolation was rather repetitive and the ai rather thick. I love the setting though, especially the 70"s technology.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 7:15 pm

^^The AI doesn't have to be good; with all the locked doors and dead ends, the whole place is a death-trap. It's like Silent Hill 2 with a fast Pyramid Head.
Something I enjoy is the feeling of avoiding the Alien for a long time only to die suddenly; its an intense experience. Usually with most games I avoid saving the game constantly, just to create a little tension, but in this one I seize every opportunity

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 3:19 am

How scary is Alien Isolation? The game looks neat but I've never watched any of the main series Alien movies (I watched AvP but that was a spinoff). I get frightened pretty easily, but I'm generally good with the Dead Space and Resident Evil games on scares. The scariest game to this day I've played still is the first F.E.A.R., it was just really creepy and intense.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 10:54 am

You get used to it. The sound design is very good. For maximum effect, I recommend turning off the music. The music is OK, but its "dynamic".

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 7:39 am

as1337 wrote:
Compared to silent hill and resident evil they are too much of a shooter with some jump scares too me.

They have great atmosphere though and i like them because they are the closest thing to a good alien(the movie) game. (Besides metroid ofcourse)

It bugs me so called journalists call the franchise survivor horror , games journalism is mostly dead to me anyways, especially so after most of them caned Deadly Premontion , which leads me to believe most of them are also philistines , this game is a master piece .