something I don't get about conspiracy theorists

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 6:12 pm

my neighbor is a conspiracy theorist. She thinks the contrails are chemicals to decrease the population and fluoride is bad for you.

When she goes off on a tangent about how mercury causes autism and someone shows her that it was a hoax, you'd think she or someone like her would reexamine their beliefs and suspicions. Maybe airplanes aren't spraying chemicals. Maybe the government isn't out to get me.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 6:14 pm

You just opened Pandoras Shit-box man :lol:

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 9:24 pm

MasterJedi wrote:
my neighbor is a conspiracy theorist. She thinks the contrails are chemicals to decrease the population and fluoride is bad for you.

When she goes off on a tangent about how mercury causes autism and someone shows her that it was a hoax, you'd think she or someone like her would reexamine their beliefs and suspicions. Maybe airplanes aren't spraying chemicals. Maybe the government isn't out to get me.

cuchoo cuchoo

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 10:07 pm

MasterJedi wrote:

Get her a tin-foil hat.

ruveyn

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 10:09 pm

Vigilans wrote:
You just opened Pandoras sh**-box man :lol:
Yeah interpretation isn't as cut and dried as the OP puts it lol. It takes way more than just overwhelming evidence.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 10:37 pm

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean "they" aren't out to get you. :lol: