Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 9:01 pm

Has anyone realized this, but people prejudge just based on specific words?

Such as I realized, whenever I tell people, "I'm a horror writer," this is of course after they say:

Them, "Oh what do you write? What genre?"

Then I reply, "I'm a horror writer,"

They give me this stare, like I'm crazy or that I'm some sort of psycho killer. They get awkward, clamp up and then walk off.

Or I also realized.

Person 1, "So, what kind of girls do you like?"

Person 2, "I'm not into girls, I'm homosexual," <---not me, but experienced it after observing some of my friends

People get weird when you open that can of worms. For some reason if you say you're gay or lesbian or homosexual, people just assume you like everybody. That suddenly the option of "having a specific type" disappears.

Why does this happen?

Am I over analyzing it?

Or has anyone else realized this?

Atreides
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2011, 1:12 am

India isn't the only country that has social casts, buddy.
people just want to know what's written on your tag, they figure if it reads ' homosexual horror writer ', you're as queer as $h*t and you're messed up like Poe.

It's comforting for NTs to be able to tag people. some embrace the concept. why else would people dress as 'Rapper', 'Skater', 'hippie', 'preppy', 'goth'.
they expose their tags like none other in society, and people who don't expose their tags are identfied as 'weird' up until they get tagged.

I hope this makes some kind of sense.

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 8:17 pm

[quote="Atreides"]I homosexual horror writer ', you're as queer as $h*t and you're messed up like Poe.quote]

rofl!

Best explanation ever.

It does make sense what you say. But at the same time it doesn't. I just don't get it.

Atreides
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2011, 1:23 am

it's that people like labelling other people and labelling themselves also. It isn't only aspies who don't label themselves, some NTs don't like labels either, but they are also on the fringe of society, for different reasons.

I struggle with the fact that I should just 'come out of the closet' so to speak and put an end to the mystery, to my family, firends and coworkers and tell them and explain to them what aspergers is. But for the most part, I think F'em, I am who I am and I don't have to justify my behaviour.

haven't you realized that most people who are homophobic think deep down that they will attract homosexuals. They get edgy when they know someone gay is in their entourage, they don't want to get F'ed in the bum, and they think having a homosexual in the proximity will eventually lead to said homosexual to put the moves on them.

and to think that we are the ones with social difficulties.

link me to some of your writing, if you want to, Pandora. I'd like to read some.

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 3:08 am

Atreides wrote:
it's that people like labelling other people and labelling themselves also. It isn't only aspies who don't label themselves, some NTs don't like labels either, but they are also on the fringe of society, for different reasons.

I struggle with the fact that I should just 'come out of the closet' so to speak and put an end to the mystery, to my family, firends and coworkers and tell them and explain to them what aspergers is. But for the most part, I think F'em, I am who I am and I don't have to justify my behaviour.

haven't you realized that most people who are homophobic think deep down that they will attract homosexuals. They get edgy when they know someone gay is in their entourage, they don't want to get F'ed in the bum, and they think having a homosexual in the proximity will eventually lead to said homosexual to put the moves on them.

and to think that we are the ones with social difficulties.

link me to some of your writing, if you want to, Pandora. I'd like to read some.

To label yourself is to limit yourself.

Just cause I say I write horror novels and say I am a horror writer I make sure people know I write other genres as well. I don't like being limited.

Oh...okay about my wriiting... :oops: