Beep beep, aspie clown coming through!

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Luntan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jul 2006, 11:14 pm

Hello there!
I ended up here much by chance(wasn't even googling for Asperger at the moment). I never could stand those chat channels but a webboard is more up my ally!

I'm not sure whether I should stick around much since reading about AS usually seduces me away from the NT life I try to lead. Yeah, I'm an NT imitator.

So. A little about myself then: Male, Swedish, 25 yrs old, currently in university, have most of the symptoms though mild.
Like many others I discovered AS a few years ago and pretty much found the explanation to all my oddities(needn't go into that experience as it would bore everyone to tears).

Hobbies/obsessions: Webboards, Online Poker, movies, debate, acting, imitating and humor.

AS Survival SK1LZ0rrS: Humor and uncomfortable truth(often combined).

Highschool: Made it through because of the hordes of geeks in my year. Bless them! PS. We were so many that even the girls were forced into playing Doom.

Wishes for: A place like army service was. A system so forced on you that you automatically achieved rationality and high function. Automatic friendship was an enormous plus too. You could even ignore them when you wanted as there was always someone else to hang out with. When they all bunked in front of Temptation Island, I had to visibly read Dostojevsky in protest but apart from that it was fine.

Anyone still reading? I so like the sound of my own words! I'll try to be brief but I can't give you any promises. I'll try and be patient with your essay long posts but I must say that I ignore everything that I don't find interesting, no matter how much hart you put into it. This of course because the universe centers around me in case you didn't know!

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 6:30 am

hi welcome. i hope you have fun

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 7:02 am

welcome to the wrongplanet luntan!!!I hope you enjoy it here.

i seen your post and I LOVE TO LAUGH :lol:

my interests fixing things, collecting old door hardware, comedy movies, computers. i am not looking for a boyfriend but just want friends(all of my friends are on computer anyway). i am 21 female and in usa.

Luntan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2006, 8:31 am

Thanks. I'm sure I will!

Wow, I never heard about anyone who's especially interested in doors. Talk about conversation opener(That was horrible I admit). It's true though and I bet many out there would be impressed if you told them. People very seldom talk about doors I've noted.

BlueFireBird
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2006, 9:19 am

Hi Luntan, welcome here.

I am from Europe too. I know a swedish aspie here on wp. Aspergers is my diagnosis.

The_Danish
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2006, 10:14 am

Oh, another scandinavian! :D

I'm danish myself :) And I joined- I absolutely hate my username at the moment though- I am "the danish emu egg" :? I see you were a tad luckier with yours ;)

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 11:28 am

luntan, lol that was good" talk about conversation opener" lol i in fact seen doors with openers and the opposite, closers!(i collect closers as my narrow interest) them things at top of door that pull it shut) the conversation however, many don't say it verbally but some think i talk too much about them so i just keep it silent. i wait until they comment on it or have a broken one i offer to fix it, if tehy dont want me to fix it i give advice on what to do to fix it.

the best people the conversation is best with is locksmiths, door repair technicians, maintenance people and commerical construction contractors. they are sooo impressed by time im finished giving suggestions and sharing the installation errors I have seen. they wind up almost peeing themselves laughing about the errors of funny things i have seen.

computers, its funny there too soo much knowlage i have a few friends who work for aol and its been soo bad with them that hey acutally im and email me asking for help on what to do!! i think they have rewritten the troubleshooting list a few times because of me! :lol:

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 2:31 pm

Hi!

Welcome to Wrongplanet!

I hope you enjoy posting here!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 7:17 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. :jester:

I'm also a big fan of Humour. I can't get enough of it. And I hope that things go well with your University Studies.

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2006, 4:12 pm

Hi, Luntan. Welcome to WP.

ethamin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jul 2006, 11:56 pm

Wilkommen zum Wroong Plonet :)