Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 6:03 pm

According to the Bible, is God or Jesus the LORD of the White House? During the Bush, Jr. White House, there was regular Bible reading in the White House. Under the Obama White House, there is no regular Bible reading. Bush, Jr. said that torture (waterboarding) in Afghanistan and Iraq was a good thing. Obama said that torture (waterboarding) in Afghanistan and Iraq is a bad thing. Who is one to believe? A Republican president who had weekly Bible reading in the White House or a Democrat president who has no weekly Bible reading in the White House? Is the actual LORD of the White House really a woman - the Statue of Liberty? Current politics, philosophies, non-profit, tax-exempt religions (including all the televangelists who ask for love gifts aka money every day of the year)? Values - Honesty vs Fibbing (Lies)? Can the best politicians chew gum and talk out of both sides of their mouths at the same time? What did the humorist, Will Rogers, mean when Will Rogers said we have the best politicians money can buy? Words: Current culture - 2011 - the Homer Simpson TV show, the All In The Family (Archie Bunker) TV show, the Saturday Night Live TV show and so on. Business as usual, politics as usual. Attempted humor, humor, irony, satire, reality, Hollywood Soap Operas, and so on.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 7:09 pm

Not everyone who says "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven.
Bush and his cronies should remember this.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 7:10 pm

pgd wrote:
According to the Bible, is God or Jesus the LORD of the White House? During the Bush, Jr. White House, there was regular Bible reading in the White House. Under the Obama White House, there is no regular Bible reading. Bush, Jr. said that torture (waterboarding) in Afghanistan and Iraq was a good thing. Obama said that torture (waterboarding) in Afghanistan and Iraq is a bad thing. Who is one to believe? A Republican president who had weekly Bible reading in the White House or a Democrat president who has no weekly Bible reading in the White House? Is the actual LORD of the White House really a woman - the Statue of Liberty? Current politics, philosophies, non-profit, tax-exempt religions (including all the televangelists who ask for love gifts aka money every day of the year)? Values - Honesty vs Fibbing (Lies)? Can the best politicians chew gum and talk out of both sides of their mouths at the same time? What did the humorist, Will Rogers, mean when Will Rogers said we have the best politicians money can buy? Words: Current culture - 2011 - the Homer Simpson TV show, the All In The Family (Archie Bunker) TV show, the Saturday Night Live TV show and so on. Business as usual, politics as usual. Attempted humor, humor, irony, satire, reality, Hollywood Soap Operas, and so on.

Question: Is banality your main hobby?

ruveyn

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 8:09 pm

This one is too confused for a knock knock joke. Possibly SOMETHING in there is touching a nerve.

That being so, I will just point out that your format is particularly troublesome to me because my literality hears an apparent question and pushes me to answer, even though experience says that there is no actual question, just an inchoate rant thast seeks no answer and may not even need an audience.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 1:30 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Not everyone who says "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven.
Bush and his cronies should remember this.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

---

Yes, that was the message of the religious science fiction book, The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 1:36 pm

pgd wrote:

Dude: just lie down and sleep it off. Dont pop so many next time!

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 2:39 pm

"Yes, that was the message of the religious science fiction book, The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan."

Oh, my. Whatever else it is sci fi it is not. Not even at the Hubbard level.

I personally find Pilgrim's Progress hard to get through and in a lot of content as well as style problematic. And I find most sci fi after thre 50s hard to get through and problematic in both content and style [like the one I just finished wishing I had not started]. But heavy handed alllegory is NOT sci fi.