Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 4:58 am

anbuend wrote:
I've nearly died several times as a result of this.

Good point. I guess that pain is useful, even if it is, uh, painful.

Trey76
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jan 2011, 11:42 am

I feel pain remotely when it involves my extremities. I ripped my hand open to the bone once and remember looking at it thinking, "Wow, this is what my finger bone looks like." I did have the presence of mind to elevate it and wrap it up, but not much if any pain.

I have a bulging disc in my L4S1 and I pinched my main nerve bundle in there once. Now, THAT is some pain. I went sub conscience (talking and moving without remembering) and came to with excruciating pain.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 12:48 pm

Yep when i have been assulted in the past i have not felt the pain. It can help give me the upper hand in a fight.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Jan 2011, 1:31 pm

Trey76 wrote:

I have a bulging disc in my L4S1 and I pinched my main nerve bundle in there once. Now, THAT is some pain. I went sub conscience (talking and moving without remembering) and came to with excruciating pain.

That's a bad pain. I have several slipped discs and a bad scoliosis in the lower back, and the sciatic nerve is sometimes pinched. When it's in attack mode, I'm pretty much out of service for a month. I'm really lucky that it's been without any pain for the last few years, but I need to remember it's there. In my avatar, I'm powerlifting a 500-lb siren head, and I'm using wrist hooks since the joints and tendons in my hands could/would dislocate or tear with that much weight pulling on them. And it's likely I wouldn't feel that happening until too late. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment, LOL

Charles

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 8:03 pm

I do feel pain, but very little. I actually get a little embarrassed when I get physically hurt. I don't find what happened (such as falling) to be embarrassing, but the fact that I'm in physical pain for some reason. I have tried to "hide" injuries from people.

Once I got an injury that resulted in me needing to lean on people when walking, so I had to tell people. That was hard.

I think this might be a result of not wanting people to fuss over the pain.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 9:10 pm

I hate pain. The littlest thing hurts. I hate needles and IV's with them I freak out of sorts. I just stare at it although they say not to LOL! I also hate the slight headache from waking out of surgery. I had a real bad shoulder pain after a surgery and asked for Tylenol NOT morphine so I dealt with the pain with that issue.

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

01 Feb 2011, 9:27 pm

I am commonly described as having a high pain tolerance. In fencing or hockey I got lots of bruises and worse but never even noticed, but that could also be blamed on athletic "rush." I think in the same way some of our senses are heightened , some of them are lowered.