Page 2026 of 2483 [ 39728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029 ... 2483  Next

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 12:49 am

^ I'd guess that if an autistic has "special needs" -- as in one that actually requires special equipments or aides or certain specific yet medical in nature routines, as opposed to the usual psychological components, usually one with at least single but inherent yet not very manageable trait -- Paralympics.

If they don't need any, Olympics.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 6:04 pm

nick007 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'll pay more attention when I go again this week. If it seems like something I was supposed to return, I'll clean it with a disinfectant wipe and put it on the table.
That's the plan I would do if I was going back anyways :D

Update: I went back. Didn't see any of those things on the table and wasn't offered one. I got up the confidence to show them mine, and ask if I was supposed to keep it. I just laughed and said "I'm sorry I thought it was a pen". Apparently I wasn't supposed to keep it, but they said it was no big deal. They thanked me for returning it but said they hadn't even noticed. I wiped it with disinfectant and left it on the table. Now I can ruminate whether they meant it.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 5:51 am

Sure, I'm excited to get my 3rd g. sunflower seeds soon but...

8O 8O 8O Suddenly, it's been developing buds by the leaf nodes. Now I got at least 6 potential flower heads.

I thought the freebie was a single headed type -- there was nothing growing any more or in between the first or last time it finished it's cycle.

Or maybe that's just 2nd g., The current one I'm growing now, is when it starting to going multiple... Or something else... Hmm...
But there are no other sunflowers nearby, let alone a multi-headed variety.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 4:17 pm

Just trying to keep myself occupied, during this extremely hot weather

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 10:24 pm

What to say to my therapist about my mom when I see my therapist this Thursday! :x

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 11:09 pm

I ate a popsicle that tasted weird (kind of like iron) and then saw bright red stuff in the middle of it. 8O

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 12:49 am

I told my therapist yesterday that I didn’t know that there was really a point in trying to get an apartment or something, particularly if I would need any sort of assisted living sort of thing, and he said, “Well, sometimes it motivates people to get a job.” Yeah… I did manage to keep a job for over a year, but I was self-harming on a daily basis for much of that and was hospitalized four times in a year for mental health reasons. And that was much ECT and chemotherapy ago, plus I never even got to the interview stage before I had a huge gap in my employment history (including the two jobs I eventually got, they didn’t have any interview, one just had me fill out some paperwork and then start the next day and the other only had me come in with a few other people for an introductory presentation or video (don’t remember which) before starting). And much of my depression comes from feeling like nothing but a burden and from not being able to support myself, and we just discussed last time that I really need to be doing things so I have something else to focus on. For some reason, I don’t think motivation is the problem here. I reminded him of just the first note, and he nodded and said, “Well, okay.” Then started talking about other clients (which he does a fair bit with me, but not naming anybody). I really need to observe to him that we don’t ever really do any therapy anymore, and then remind him that that’s what I’m here for every time he changes the subject. But usually when appointment time rolls around, I’m feeling far too passive to do that.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 1:22 am

My head is very quiet.

But somewhere in my heart... Is not.

ct507
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Aug 2021, 2:40 am

It's late. Been on the road most of the night. Any urge for shut-eye left when the storm rolled in. But then the rain started coming down in sheets. Pulled over and parked behind these old apartments I used to live in twenty years ago. Haven't so much as traveled around the area in half that time. Returning finally, the progress looks out of the ordinary, almost foreign. Fast food joints on every corner. Cinemas turned into churches, their marquees offering verses instead of showtimes. It's the opposite of change blindness. A Where's Waldo effect, with the background being looked for instead of any one person.

Now the rainfall subsides, scatters across the car's exterior. And staring out at the lamp-lit courtyards, somehow memory imbues all of this unremarkable real estate with a surreal quality, keeping its familiarity intact despite the many superficial changes.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 7:53 am

Watching the Olympics closing ceremony makes me melancholic.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 10:51 am

One of the best feelings I experience is... 'Forgetting' introception.
No proprioception. No need for vigilant kinesthetic and touch-pressure sensing. No chronologic and spatial sense.

And no numbness involved. That would still feel something and it also feels weird.

It only happens in intense meditation where there are little to no physical tension or sensation.
Or if my sleep quality went really well.

It's akin to... Hypersensitive hearing ​and silence.
In my case it's really just most of the beyond the 5 basic senses -- just no high grade intolerance, but it doesn't mean it has no stress and not want a break from it so badly.

Putting a blinder or a silencer to most of the basic senses is as easy as plug and play.
Or in some cases, go to a quiet and dim room of preferred temperature. Or that it can be avoided or run away from.

But do the same beyond 5 basic senses?? Senses that are not very externally dependent??
And is utterly unavoidable and irremovable because it is literally from one's own (inside the) body??

I just hope it doesn't involve drugs. Or accidents.
I assume sensory deprivation tanks or something similar, but that's not currently an option.

And there's mind over matter, which is the only option I have so far.
But for how long and how consistently be reliable?
And aspies are not known for EQ or EF that's usually around regulation... I wanna defy the whole idea of that.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 11:07 am

I was thinking about sensory deprivation tanks earlier today. ^

I think I'd go mad if the only input I had was my brain and my tinnitus.

I need me some tactile stimulation all the time.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 11:47 am

I want to bake something. Preferably a cake. But I live alone and would most likely end up eating it alone, too. I'd like to experiment with new recipes, but I don't want to make anything that I'll have to throw away because it doesn't get eaten in time. That has happened before, and I don't like it. I wish the baking bug would've bit me when I was still at my old job; there was a woman there who brought cakes and such in to the break room often because she baked as a hobby. I could've done that too, but back then I was still learning basic life skills. Something like baking rarely crossed my mind at the time.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 1:29 pm

I'm trying to change my mind. Too much drama or indifference, where are real connections?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 7:10 pm

I think my cousin has psychosis, and even though I'm not freaked out about it I have no idea how to respond to anything he says to me right now. I keep thinking he's just chatting with me normally, and then he mentions something that sounds paranoid or something else messed up, and I'm sitting there like ??? because I don't want to say something wrong. :?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 12:47 am

Another... Shift.

And it doesn't feel good. Or at least that's my impression.

Also it hurts my head. It's my left side as usual. For no real reason.

It's annoying. I don't have a lot to do, I'm not even going out and I have to deal with this.