Page 2208 of 2514 [ 40219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2205, 2206, 2207, 2208, 2209, 2210, 2211 ... 2514  Next

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 6:23 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
I really, really wonder what was like to actually meet another autistic.

Not someone too young -- preferably on legal age.
Not someone too incapable -- whether it's low IQ, too low EQ, or just outright not mentally and emotionally healthy.

And preferably not definitely someone too convinced to the social ideologies that most NTs are subscribed to a point of being a try-hard.
The type that's using emulation not as an interface or a facade -- but the type that are too convinced they are a broken version of a neurotypical person.

What for, Miss Edna? I thought you are an aroace? :/

What for? :lol: For interaction and data. Curiosity.
See if the hype is true about autistic to autistic communication in this particular culture.
Because I never met another aspie who can level with me.

I never met an autistic of my own age unless they got low IQ or something -- that's just as obvious as an NT with high IQ cannot relate much with an NT of lower IQ.

:twisted: For you to jump to the fact that I'm aroace implies that you assumed I got something 'romantic/sexualized' in mind. I assure you, I ain't "lonely". :P
I still (and probably always) think it's bizzare, though, even after years of having to acknowledge that the adult world is very sexualized.
And that an adult mindset has a space for sexualized thoughts and intent -- which I don't.

Unless you count being too sick of putting up with accomodating human ignorance in general, sick of putting too much effort in communication and take all the blame, and not being able to relate for too long as 'lonely' or worse, in context of 'wanting to date someone'... :lol: :roll:

Sigh...
And I got like less than 40 minutes before having to go to work. Barely a time for eating and traveling.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 8:19 pm

It's two weeks into the current term at my school and I need to buy myself another notebook! :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 9:25 pm

Worthless wrote:
I had to go to work before and I only just saw this. I don't think waiting until tomorrow is an acceptable option in your situation. You have unmanaged high BP and a history of strokes. Not all strokes are the same and each one could come with permanent life altering consequences or death. If you have a stroke overnight, they will NOT give you treatment medications as the last known well time is in excess of the window. You are also at risk for other serious complications such as heart attack, or an aneurysm. You also NEED to figure out a long-term solution to avoid this in the future. Talk to your doctors and family about how to avoid a repeat of this.

Thanks Worthless.
I finally got my prescription refilled today.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 6:39 am

I might ask for my account to just get banned. This site is turning into a cesspool where no one has any actual consequences and apparently can admit to actually being a massive f*****g bigot + make sh***y bigoted jokes w/ no fear.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 6:50 am

^ I'm sorry you had to see that crap. They were reported....hoping the members are dealt with in the correct manner.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 6:52 am

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 7:06 am

Where_am_I wrote:
^ I'm sorry you had to see that crap. They were reported....hoping the members are dealt with in the correct manner.

They legit won't be. This exact thing with the same s**t said has happened so many times before. It's just an undeniable fact now that no one has any actual consequences on here, and it's emboldened the same few people to continously punch down and say whatever the actual f**k they want. I just want my account banned at this point and to never come back to a place that blatantly allows and encourages this behaviour. Next some of those people are going to be crying about how everyone's mean to them, and how "their freedumb and free speech is being restricted by the mean little evil transes" and everyone's going to coddle them, and the cycle will continue.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 7:24 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:

They legit won't be. This exact thing with the same s**t said has happened so many times before. It's just an undeniable fact now that no one has any actual consequences on here, and it's emboldened the same few people to continously punch down and say whatever the actual f**k they want. I just want my account banned at this point and to never come back to a place that blatantly allows and encourages this behaviour. Next some of those people are going to be crying about how everyone's mean to them, and how "their freedumb and free speech is being restricted by the mean little evil transes" and everyone's going to coddle them, and the cycle will continue.

Yeah, I'm beginning to see that pattern a lot, and it's disgusting how the same people continue to get away with it....playing the victims. The one's that coddle them are just as disgusting. Noticing the same about the site lately.

Clearly a good talking to hasn't changed their attitudes. Why they're not banned is beyond me.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 7:47 am

Where_am_I wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:

Yeah, I'm beginning to see that pattern a lot, and it's disgusting how the same people continue to get away with it....playing the victims. The one's that coddle them are just as disgusting. Noticing the same about the site lately.

Clearly a good talking to hasn't changed their attitudes. Why they're not banned is beyond me.

I've honestly considered trying to contact Alex somewhere and asking him if he really knows what the website he pays for to stay up has turned into + showing him screenshots of it. I can't imagine that he's just fine with this s**t being connected to his name. I know he mostly ignores this site, but this crap makes him look bad.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 7:55 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:

I've honestly considered trying to contact Alex somewhere and asking him if he really knows what the website he pays for to stay up has turned into + showing him screenshots of it. I can't imagine that he's just fine with this s**t being connected to his name. I know he mostly ignores this site, but this crap makes him look bad.

That's a good call, and I'm quite certain Alex would not be happy with the disgusting comments certain members keep getting away with.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

05 Oct 2022, 8:53 am

! Cornflake wrote:
Please don't engage in public discussions of disagreements with other members - it only inflames things and makes a bad situation worse.
The correct action is to report - this has been done and they are in the process of being addressed.

Formal warnings have also been issued; I'll PM some members here with further commentary on that situation.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 11:30 am

Every single answer in that multiple choice round of the chase just then was C

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 12:15 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Please don't engage in public discussions of disagreements with other members - it only inflames things and makes a bad situation worse.
The correct action is to report - this has been done and they are in the process of being addressed.

Formal warnings have also been issued; I'll PM some members here with further commentary on that situation.

Calling out people blatantly mocking an oppressed minority group and proudly admitting they are transphobic isn't just a "disagreement". I do not have to put up with being mocked and I am not going to be civil about it anymore while others trample all over an entire group of people. I refuse to play that game and a "public discussion" of continued and unmitigated BS is warranted.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 10:00 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I might ask for my account to just get banned. This site is turning into a cesspool where no one has any actual consequences and apparently can admit to actually being a massive f*****g bigot + make sh***y bigoted jokes w/ no fear.

I'd miss you if you did that. I don't want you to leave. You're one of the nicer members.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 10:01 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Cornflake wrote:

Calling out people blatantly mocking an oppressed minority group and proudly admitting they are transphobic isn't just a "disagreement". I do not have to put up with being mocked and I am not going to be civil about it anymore while others trample all over an entire group of people. I refuse to play that game and a "public discussion" of continued and unmitigated BS is warranted.

Sweet Pea hugs

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 10:05 pm

All the good members are leaving and the jokes are getting worse. It makes me want to cry.