Page 1380 of 2522 [ 40342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1377, 1378, 1379, 1380, 1381, 1382, 1383 ... 2522  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 10:24 am

Things are looking up! Hooray!

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 10:39 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:

Good..

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 11:37 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:

Yay! :cheers:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 11:39 am

I got some stuff done for my latest book, and sorted out some dialogue-only scenes, a grand overview of the whole book, and a bunch of loose notes into three piles. :D

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 3:14 pm

^ Keep up the good work! *cheering you on*

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 3:17 pm

^Well, thank you very much! :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 6:31 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I got some stuff done for my latest book, and sorted out some dialogue-only scenes, a grand overview of the whole book, and a bunch of loose notes into three piles. :D

Keep up the great effort! :D

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 7:17 pm

I'm so very tired of humans trying to insist that all I need to cure my depression is more social interaction/friendships, and insisting that my close bonds with my family don't count (I don't even bother mentioning my online social interaction, because I know they'll say that doesn't count, either. It counts plenty to me, though.). "But humans are social creatures!" Yes, and that's one of the reasons I seriously believe I'm not human - because I'm perfectly content going without even the social interaction I do get, and seem to be lacking that urge/need. But no matter how many times I tell those few people who know I have the soul of a dragon, they insist that I still must need social interaction.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 7:26 pm

^I know how you feel, dragon. I often have the same problem, being an emphatic symbiont. I make friends rarely, treasure the few I have, and can and do form intense bonds, yet lots of people don't get that it's perfectly fine for me to be introverted.

Would this cheer you up at all?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 8:41 pm

Precious lil "people" from aikido keep telling me to "relax"

But maybe I can't "relax" on command and precious lil "people" can

:roll:

Pain receptors, personality disorders

A lot of the time someone does a technique too rough

But maybe I have too many pain receptors

The minimum force is eleven Newton's

The margin of error is five

Someone used seventy

:mrgreen:

But I am afraid to tattle on them

There are so many of them

Maybe I am wrong

Even if they are wrong, then what?

Maybe the instructor is biased in their favor

B/c they are having sex

8) :x :oops:

:twisted:

My personality is not :heart: adaptable :twisted:

If it's :ninja: survival of the fittest :mrgreen: then I should not have been able to continue living for thirty five years

:P :cry:

The world is a torture chamber, with my personality

The world is not a playground or amusement park

Everyday normal sounds hrrts my ears

There are a lot of foods that I can't eat

Sensory problem

Autism

Gender identity Disorder

My heart feels repressed

:heart:

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 9:49 pm

GummyDinosaur wrote:
I’m so stupid. I completed overloaded myself this semester.

I can’t handle 6 classes, three jobs equaling 27 hours of work per week, and not to mention the long commute. Also starting new anxiety meds with horrible side effects.

I don’t have enough time to spend on homework. I just worked on homework until 3am because there is no other time. Everything I’m handing in so far is AWFUL quality. My professor is probably so disappointed in me. I feel like a failure.

can you drop a couple of classes and cut back on work?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 10:46 pm

Today outside of trader Joe's, saw a former precious lil "friend"

She was alone with no dog

So I avoided her

She might have seen

She didn't chase me

Her attitude got on my nerves

"Holier than thou" attitude

She acted like she had a moral right to do whatever she wanted and I could not show any anger, lest she tell me "you got mad"

Why doesn't she concentrate on what she did to make me "mad"

Instead of labelling and judging my emotions

As if nobody should ever get "mad " about anything

But there are justified reasons to get "mad"

For example, homophobia

:jester:

Written contract

A priori

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 11:36 pm

I had the opportunity to catch the tail end of the TV show, The Social this afternoon before Dr. Phil came on. The black woman said that she's proud to be black and that she's going to do things her way because she's different and she wants to embark on that and celebrate.

I applied it to myself and decided to listen to Oompah instead of The British Invasion while having my afternoon tea, posting on WP and watching Dr. Phil today. I also wore my cute, pea green Lederhosen instead of one of my helmets this evening even though it's not yet October.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 12:28 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I'm so very tired of humans trying to insist that all I need to cure my depression is more social interaction/friendships, and insisting that my close bonds with my family don't count (I don't even bother mentioning my online social interaction, because I know they'll say that doesn't count, either. It counts plenty to me, though.). "But humans are social creatures!" Yes, and that's one of the reasons I seriously believe I'm not human - because I'm perfectly content going without even the social interaction I do get, and seem to be lacking that urge/need. But no matter how many times I tell those few people who know I have the soul of a dragon, they insist that I still must need social interaction.

we introverts need less interaction than extroverts, who typically don't understand us.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 6:26 am

The problem with a friendship contact is that nobody would sign it

Anyone that signed it must have something really bad going on

If they sign it, they could still violate it

It is not possible to list an exhaustive list of everything someone should not do

Unlimited things someone should not do

And then they might want me to do certain unreasonable things for them too

And then it's like business. Work. And not social. Fun

And then I get attached to them

And when they violate the contract I feel reluctant to say anything

Because fear of abandonment

Some things ought to go without saying;

:)

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 6:43 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:

I know that feeling quite well, in a realistic manner