Page 2013 of 2514 [ 40217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 ... 2514  Next

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 5:33 pm

Wondering if I should go out and do something, eating and my guts hurt.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 10:36 am

Seeing people who shoot themselves in the foot by having no tact complain about others not wanting to tolerate it is always funny.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 11:04 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Tired of others downplaying my struggles because apparently they aren’t as bad as some even though it’s clear I have nowhere to go. Even people who have historically struggled tend to have places to go but there is none for me.

This post will probably be ignored like usual since so many here want me gone.

Trying to compare people’s struggles and trying to say that one person has it better/worse than someone else is complete rubbish. Sure, there are some things that need to be put in perspective, but that’s mostly just trivial things, in my opinion (like someone going on and on about how they didn’t get ketchup in their take-out bag for their fries). And complaining about something in front of someone else who doesn’t even have that at all will understandably probably upset the other person. But other people having worse struggles does nothing to actually help a situation. For example, being reminded that some people are homeless doesn’t do anything to help someone who is concerned about having the money to pay rent because they had to pay to have a repair done on their car. Or knowing that some people have more serious forms of cancer doesn’t mean that chemo can’t still be awful for me. Trying to invalidate someone else’s problems, especially if they are clearly upset about it, is just cruel.

I do apologize if there have been times I should have said this elsewhere, I probably missed it. I don’t typically go into romance/relationship threads because I have nothing to offer there, and sometimes I skim through your threads and only really read your posts in them, and not necessarily others. Any ignoring has been entirely unintentional.

Marknis wrote:
I wish I could know from some others if they are still my friends or no longer consider me a friend. I’d rather get a definite answer than be left wondering.

I’m kind of trying to avoid real friendships because I’ve realized that at least without some serious self-improvement I am not real friendship material and I just feel worse if I’m hurting people besides myself, but I do consider you about as close as I get to a friend these days.

I wish more people here were like you. Too many turn on others just because they do one single thing wrong and it is sickening.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 3:15 pm

With a funny dream about growing flowers that apparently gives birth to insects similar to bees. :lol:

Some pod hatched and then the bee like insect starts chasing me. I was a man, apparently.

Then I just woke up in the middle of the night. Needing to go to the bathroom.

With symptoms similar to heart burn.
I don't feel hungry or wanting to eat.
It's equally annoying as going to the bathroom.

At least I can do something about that.
But not this one. Everytime.
Even if I pretend this is hunger and try to appease it.
It's still the same acidic like annoyance.

This happens several times a week.
I hate it.

Maybe I already had this around the time when I had this stupid sniffles that do not go away. Namely I was 5.
I won't be surprised if it's the cause of it.

But this symptom was ignorable.
Just as did my parents, while they tried bringing me to a doctor about it one time...

Yet it seem that it wasn't solved because I spent most of my time managing emotions.

Only for a stupid belief for them to take away my gifts and savings.
Believing having that much amount of money made me sick.

The heck those two!? :evil: Yeah, they're my parents.
But I ignored them, just as I try ignore my feelings and overwhelming frustration.

Got already enough trouble for such an amount of time.
Not that they'd understand anyway or do anything about it.

Fast forward it's been over 20 years.
Only difference is that my back also aches as well.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 3:48 pm

Sadness over the departure of Salad.

:(

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 3:55 pm

Fnord wrote:

Doubled.

Tripled by my daughter.

No one should be guilted or shamed for being happy.

Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 12 Jun 2021, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 3:58 pm

Fnord wrote:

Me too, especially since apparently someone convinced him it was wrong to be happy over his engagement, or at least to talk about it. (Someone who doesn't have a fiancee, I suppose.)

CinderashAutomaton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jun 2021, 7:08 pm

Wanting to play World of Warcraft once again, over a decade since I last played, so I can have fun, chill and get into some shenanigans with people over shared goals once more.

Living like a hermit these past few years has really sucked. Half a year ago my selective mutism regression went to a full 100% for a whole month, and two days ago I had a dream where I was stuck fully mute again.

Not the worst of dreams, most definitely not into the nightmare category, but it certainly felt pretty bad. Poked me right in the feels right when I've been struggling to get myself to voicechat for the first time with some new friends over Discord this past month.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 8:46 pm

Fnord wrote:

I was going to put the same thing in the "something that made you unhappy" thread. I was trying to avoid looking like I was taking sides or something there since he really didn't want that, but there is a big difference between sharing happiness and good news and deliberately shoving something in the face of someone who doesn't have it, and it's blatantly the former in this case. I do understand that things can seem like just a painful reminder of what one doesn't have, but it seems kind of like going into the "work and employment" section and saying that no one can say anything about successfully getting a job (which seems ridiculous even as one of the ones who evidently can't get even a crappy part-time job).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 9:19 pm

Manual labor sounds like building trades, but the official definition doesn't specify

It doesn't say if Lot Attendant is manual labor

But Lot Attendant is unskilled labor

Precious lil "people"

Same thing over and over again

Pushing carts

Worried about the long term veterinary conditions

Side effects

But not many jobs good for health

Doctors work 24 hour shifts, with contagious diseases

But monopolistic competition

At work, Marie had the nerve to call me on the walkie talkie while I was at break, three times

That is not even legal

Passive aggressive

She's so uppity

But , boundaries

And when the b***h does call me, it's the slightest BS

Like getting propane

Loser job

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 11:11 pm

To venture out or not..

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 11:14 pm

Fnord wrote:

Nobody gets upset over actual salad..

I’m guessing you mean WP salad though!?!?! :lol:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 2:57 pm

Which movie I may go see later.

I've already seen A Quiet Place Part II, so that's out of the question.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 9:35 pm

I may need to go quiet again.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 10:26 pm

Moll Flanders

I'm at my wit's end with it. I can't remember how I managed to finish it in University because it's insufferable.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 1:31 am

I think I’m going to give my therapist one more chance, and if nothing actually beneficial happens or seems planned to happen, I’m done. Being reminded how much he too overestimates me sealed the deal (and it really isn’t that I just underestimate myself too much, it’s things like him saying I could work a retail job because I’d been able to socialize adequately with someone at some sort of gathering (don’t remember what) for half an hour. Yeah, half an hour, and I need days to recover, no one paying me for anything is going to allow that.).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"