Page 2039 of 2514 [ 40217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2036, 2037, 2038, 2039, 2040, 2041, 2042 ... 2514  Next

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 11:48 am

funeralxempire wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
The fire alarm went off at the place we're staying at and I had to get our pets out by myself which was really scary.

Someone told me that someone just pulled the fire alarm, and that there was no fire or anything. :evil:

On the bright side, you pulled it off and get to analyze how to improve if you've ever gotta do it for real.

Not that it's right for anyone to inflict that stress on you, just that it's good to to able to look back on an emergency and know you faced it well.

I am definitely very glad I was able to get the pets out and that now I know I can do that. The alarm is so loud and disorienting, so I was really worried I was going to have a shutdown and not be able to do that since I immediately went into sensory overload. :|

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 1:22 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
smudge wrote:
What would happen if I identified as a black person and got upset if people didn't accede to my demand to be called black?

Rachel Dolezal

:nerdy:

I admit, I haven't bothered to read that.

But thanks. :P

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 1:24 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
The fire alarm went off at the place we're staying at and I had to get our pets out by myself which was really scary.

Someone told me that someone just pulled the fire alarm, and that there was no fire or anything. :evil:

On the bright side, you pulled it off and get to analyze how to improve if you've ever gotta do it for real.

Not that it's right for anyone to inflict that stress on you, just that it's good to to able to look back on an emergency and know you faced it well.

I am definitely very glad I was able to get the pets out and that now I know I can do that. The alarm is so loud and disorienting, so I was really worried I was going to have a shutdown and not be able to do that since I immediately went into sensory overload. :|

Sorry, but you should always have a fire escape plan.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 1:29 pm

smudge wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Sorry, but you should always have a fire escape plan.

I am already aware of that, thanks. That doesn't mean I don't have sensory issues and that these things aren't disorienting even with a plan in place.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 1:35 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I am definitely very glad I was able to get the pets out and that now I know I can do that.

It doesn't sound like it.

I'm not trying to have a go at you, but it's a safety measure for your pets as well. You should know what to do and take into account the effects of a fire alarm on you at a future event too.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 1:37 pm

smudge wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I am definitely very glad I was able to get the pets out and that now I know I can do that.

I'm not trying to have a go at you, but it's a safety measure for your pets as well. You should know what to do and take into account the effects of a fire alarm on you at a future event too.

How do you think I got them out in the first place if I didn't have a plan? :scratch:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 1:39 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
smudge wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

How do you think I got them out in the first place if I didn't have a plan? :scratch:

You would be able to eventually, with or without a plan.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 1:47 pm

smudge wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
smudge wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Trust me, just because I got understandably scared about being able to get my pets out during an actual fire alarm (especially since I already have OCD-related fear about this particular event happening) doesn't mean I didn't have a plan in place (which I did specifically because I obsess over it). Preparing for one is a lot different than actually being in one and having to get two terrified cats into carriers + a terrified rabbit, all while having severe sensory overload. I've had multiple people tell me I handled it pretty well.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 1:51 pm

Making a mental list of things to look forward to (my therapist recommended I remind myself of these when I have waves of terror). I'm about to put them on paper.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 1:54 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
smudge wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
smudge wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Trust me, just because I got understandably scared about being able to get my pets out during an actual fire alarm (especially since I already have OCD-related fear about this particular event happening) doesn't mean I didn't have a plan in place (which I did specifically because I obsess over it). Preparing for one is a lot different than actually being in one and having to get two terrified cats into carriers + a terrified rabbit, all while having severe sensory overload. I've had multiple people tell me I handled it pretty well.

Well, I don't know you personally, but I assume you did the best you could for you and your pets, and that you did handle it well. :)

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 2:21 pm

First tattoo coming up. Maybe I’ll be unique for once.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 2:27 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:

What kind of tattoo are you getting?

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 4:03 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

I’m getting a tattoo of my favorite plushie I own on my upper arm.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 4:10 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

I’m getting a tattoo of my favorite plushie I own on my upper arm.

That sounds cool! :D I hope the tattoo turns out well.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 6:04 pm

As someone who teaches and evaluates fire plans and practices for people with disabilities: you did great, Hero.

My FFD is texting me and it is good to hear from her.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 6:41 am

Walked for over 4 hours, went into few malls around the city.

Brought nothing for myself. :lol:
Either I wait for a week or just order online.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.