Page 2015 of 2516 [ 40253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 ... 2516  Next

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 7:59 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
I have some interesting stories about my family as well.

I wonder if there's a way we could start a thread of family folklore, without breaching anyone's privacy.

I think it would be therapeutic for some of us to honour the good and the bad of our lives.

I agree Isabella, as I think it would be thought provoking in a sincere manner

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 4:34 pm

longshot wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
I have some interesting stories about my family as well.

I wonder if there's a way we could start a thread of family folklore, without breaching anyone's privacy.

I think it would be therapeutic for some of us to honour the good and the bad of our lives.

I agree Isabella, as I think it would be thought provoking in a sincere manner

Least I’m sure my venting would be heard n received here

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 4:46 pm

I’m considering where to go in the next couple of days and drinking and dying

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 6:10 pm

I just had a plastic clothespeg explode as I opened it. The plastic must have weakened over time and the force of the spring caused it to fail catastrophically in a burst of plastic shards, with the spring bouncing around my room.

I opened it at hip level as I picked it up, had I of opened it at the height I was going to use it the failure would have occurred right in front of my face and probably caused an eye injury.

Lucky me. 8O

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 6:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I just had a plastic clothespeg explode as I opened it. The plastic must have weakened over time and the force of the spring caused it to fail catastrophically in a burst of plastic shards, with the spring bouncing around my room.

I opened it at hip level as I picked it up, had I of opened it at the height I was going to use it the failure would have occurred right in front of my face and probably caused an eye injury.

Lucky me. 8O

Very lucky you.

I know someone who pulled a wire clothes hanger from a rack over their head. They must have pulled the corner of it or something, using too much force. The wire clothes hanger came down quickly and the hook part got stuck in their lower eyelid.

I mean, the wire hanger was hanging from inside their lower eyelid. They had serious injuries and needed eye surgery.

Ouch.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 6:45 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Lucky me. 8O

Very lucky you.

I know someone who pulled a wire clothes hanger from a rack over their head. They must have pulled the corner of it or something, using too much force. The wire clothes hanger came down quickly and the hook part got stuck in their lower eyelid.

I mean, the wire hanger was hanging from inside their lower eyelid. They had serious injuries and needed eye surgery.

Ouch.

Ouch. :(

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 6:52 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Lucky me. 8O

Very lucky you.

Ouch.

I forgot to mention that the heavy, knit poncho was still on the hanger -- suspended by his eyelid. :hic: ,

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 7:01 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Lucky me. 8O

Very lucky you.

Ouch.

I forgot to mention that the heavy, knit poncho was still on the hanger -- suspended by his eyelid. :hic: ,

Some clothes pegs need to come with safety glasses. I’ve Ben a victim of pegging before.. it’s like they’ve said right before snapping n flying everywhere in my face.. “so you’ve chosen death?”..!
8O

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 7:22 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Lucky me. 8O

Very lucky you.

Ouch.

Well, I've had my daily dose of nightmare fuel. :lol:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 8:47 pm

Upset the crisis intervention services are ending as I feel like I still need them.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 10:05 pm

I think I finally earned my high school diploma, which I honestly thought I'd never get to achieve since I've always struggled in school. I'm waiting for a teacher to grade a couple of assignments (not the teacher that I needed to finish a project for, that one already let me finish it and has graded it), so I won't know until Wednesday at the latest... I am very happy though. :D

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 10:08 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I think I finally earned my high school diploma, which I honestly thought I'd never get to achieve since I've always struggled in school. I'm waiting for a teacher to grade a couple of assignments (not the teacher that I needed to finish a project for, that one already let me finish it and has graded it), so I won't know until Wednesday at the latest... I am very happy though. :D

Yay!! !! Pre-congratulations, Hero!!

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 10:20 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Yay!! ! ! Pre-congratulations, Hero!!

Thank you, Isa!

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 1:27 pm

Pretty pissed off at the world and the people in it.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 3:51 am

I started a new medication last month, and one of the side effects is that I keep having weird dreams. I mean, it's not like I didn't have them before, but shortly after starting the medication, they started to happen every night, sometimes twice a night!

Last night I had two of them, and I can actually remember the first one pretty well: at first, I was in some kind of military base and escaped from there by flying a helicopter. That's real basic stuff, but then when I had to make an emergency landing, the whole helicopter was full off Hello Kitty dolls and other Hello Kitty stuff. And my emergency landing led me to an army of walking stuffed toys. At the end I was disguising myself as some kind of stuffed toy myself so that I wouldn't be found by whoever was chasing me... and that's when I woke up.

Seriously, what?

And the second dream had a lot of kids in it, but that's pretty much all I can remember of it aside from the fact that it was a weird one.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 10:17 am

Gemini-cancer cusps are one of my favorite kind of people.