Page 2229 of 2483 [ 39728 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2226, 2227, 2228, 2229, 2230, 2231, 2232 ... 2483  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 3:30 pm

My mother keeps getting phone calls like this:

"Your son has been in a terrible accident and needs money for an ambulance!"
"Oh really? What's his name?"
"Uhhhh ... MICHAEL ..."
"Oh, poor Michael. Maybe call his mother and see if she cares ...."

It's always Michael.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 3:55 pm

Here's something funny. I just messed around with my call settings and set every number not listed in my contacts to automatically hang up and ignore. Moments later, my mother starts getting the phone calls from real estate scammers. They can't get to me so they're being redirected to her or at least looking her up as the next one down on their call list or something. Now they're driving HER crazy. Nothing good is gonna come from this. Never bother an accountant when they're busy.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 4:01 pm

My daughter put a feature on her phone so that all people are automatically blocked unless she inputs their number as being safe. That means she has to make sure the doctor, dentist, etc. are all in her safe list.

Really, how many people do we want to talk to?
Not many.

If someone can't get through to her and they're a legit friend they can still text her, and then she'll ring them.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 7:34 pm

A need to quickly my final paper for my class that is due tomorrow!

It is supposed to be twelve pages, but am currently at eight pages. :oops:

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 2:52 pm

Office parties are tiring. :(

It was good at times but is survival most of the time. Shaky with social anxiety.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 3:31 pm

I have absolutely no direction in life, not the slightest lead.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 3:35 pm

Same thing that was on my mind when I last saw this listed as an active discussion-thread! :wink:

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 10:39 pm

I might go to my friends place this weekend and watch Saw + maybe play Dead by Daylight with them.

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 2:45 am

put em on camera like kelly need kids
ill take those minors on a date i really mean it

:ninja:

hey! thats MY couch

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 9:59 pm

I wonder if people would believe that a writing notebook -- one with more than 32 lines used for elementary that costs less than an equivalent of 20 US Cents, works better for me than a premade stuff?

That premade more expensive stuff, even the handcrafted minimalist blank or bullet pages I could create, just focuses me on the fancy artsy part, saving it's pages, preserving the notebook, or thinking there's an idea of right way to do it even if it doesn't work, or worse, perfectionism -- than just straight up use it?

Sigh... :? :(

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 1:23 am

Edna3362 wrote:
I wonder if people would believe that a writing notebook -- one with more than 32 lines used for elementary that costs less than an equivalent of 20 US Cents, works better for me than a premade stuff?

That premade more expensive stuff, even the handcrafted minimalist blank or bullet pages I could create, just focuses me on the fancy artsy part, saving it's pages, preserving the notebook, or thinking there's an idea of right way to do it even if it doesn't work, or worse, perfectionism -- than just straight up use it?

Sigh... :? :(

I'm always loathe to write in new notebooks because I don't want to destroy their beauty.
That might explain why my 2022 agenda sits blank and I've done next-to-nothing all year. :oops:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 3:04 am

Notebooks are there to be used! :P

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 2:12 pm

Apparently there's a dentist in Canada that's offering euthanasia instead of getting a cavity filled. I think it might be a joke or satire, but the way the world is now, you never know. :(

I wonder if they meant if you're too terrified to have a cavity filled, you can choose death, or you can be euthanized even if you don't have anything wrong with your teeth. I positively cannot stand having to get cavities filled, but choosing to die instead is a bit extreme.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 12:54 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Apparently there's a dentist in Canada that's offering euthanasia instead of getting a cavity filled. I think it might be a joke or satire, but the way the world is now, you never know. :(

I wonder if they meant if you're too terrified to have a cavity filled, you can choose death, or you can be euthanized even if you don't have anything wrong with your teeth. I positively cannot stand having to get cavities filled, but choosing to die instead is a bit extreme.

Where did you hear this? Are you sure that isn't fake news? It sounds too ridiculous. How could anyone take that proposition seriously?

Cavities aren't that big of an issue.

Naked Atira
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Dec 2022, 6:41 am

Global warming and if Canada will be too hot to live in a couple of years.
Forever chemicals and micro-plastics and will it cause me cancer or something.
People becoming crazier and more toxic, generally, among other things and how it will affect me.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 8:09 am

I'm starting to care less and less about politics which is probably the best thing to happen to my sanity in a long time.