Page 2240 of 2517 [ 40258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2237, 2238, 2239, 2240, 2241, 2242, 2243 ... 2517  Next

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 4:08 pm

I'm not sure what's on my mind right now. There are too many things going on for me to be able to pick them apart and clearly see what is going on with me right now. I have a hunch that once the dust settles, the answer will like be something like this; I have issues. I think that will likely explain it all.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 11:00 pm

Amazon ants are a species where the workers do not forage for food or protect their queen or do any of the usual worker ant things. Instead they raid the nests of other ant species and steal their pupae to take back to their own colony to raise to do the work for them. And contrary to their name they live in the US and other parts of the world.

Socially parasitic ants committing home invasion, kidnapping and slavery. Which just goes to show how similar ant behavior is to that of humans. The only real difference is that humans may sometimes feel bad or sorry about it. Not that it stops them.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 4:27 am

I know people who spent $1M of someone's money to extend their life a little bit, medically. So when I think that I'm apparently not worth $6K to save, even perfectly healthy and with lots of live left to theoretically live, I'm just sickened by how sh***y this world is.

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2023, 2:50 pm

I can handle 90 mg of marujuna edibles just fine but I can't handle 15 mg. Is that weird?

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 6:00 pm

I managed to secure automobile insurance, since not driving consistently for over 13 years now.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 6:04 pm

Isn’t it mandatory? ^

Congrats though.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 6:08 pm

Well, to not go into a lengthy conversation, I had a bad accident way back in 2009; which gave me PTSD and was reluctant to drive from that point, yet now seeing as how my mom is getting older and such, I decided to pick up driving but only to take myself to key places and nothing more.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 11:56 am

Wondering if I have brain damage because I had chicken pox when I was around 12. When I was a kid getting chicken pox wasn't a big deal, it ran its course in about a week, you got better, and then you were immune. But recently I read about the complications of chicken pox and it's terrifying. I wasn't really that sick from the chicken pox even though I was 12, there were kids half my age at the time who got it and were practically at death's door, and when I recovered I acted the same as I did before I got it, but maybe it damaged my brain and I just don't know. Maybe about a million other things I also did has damaged my brain. Drain bamage dain bramage rain mamage ha ha ha.

My mother had to get her shingles vaccine the other week ans she felt pretty awful the next couple of days due to the side effects. I will eventually have to get a shingles vaccine too and I would much rather face a charging rhino than go through te side effects even if shingles is a lot worse. Also my mom told me she had shingles and still had to get the vaccine because when we get older our immunity weakens. What's the point of living long, then?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 12:09 pm

longshot wrote:
Well, to not go into a lengthy conversation, I had a bad accident way back in 2009; which gave me PTSD and was reluctant to drive from that point, yet now seeing as how my mom is getting older and such, I decided to pick up driving but only to take myself to key places and nothing more.

Oh I’m sorry to hear that. I thought you owned a car but didn’t drive it. I think that still requires insurance here but it sounds like this is your mum’s car.

Good luck with the driving.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 1:12 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
My mother had to get her shingles vaccine the other week ans she felt pretty awful the next couple of days due to the side effects. I will eventually have to get a shingles vaccine too and I would much rather face a charging rhino than go through te side effects even if shingles is a lot worse. Also my mom told me she had shingles and still had to get the vaccine because when we get older our immunity weakens.

I had chicken pox when I was 4. Don't remember anything about it. I had shingles in my early 20's. Symptoms were mild for me. Had my shingles vaccine in my mid 50's and had no side effects. YMMV

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 1:16 pm

I had chicken pox twice. The second case was less severe.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 5:51 pm

Confirmed. You can list things for sale at fire sale prices, and people will still offer you less. Bite me.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 6:25 pm

I really want a hug. I have been stressing myself out so much lately that it's been giving me indigestion.

Vissora
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2023, 10:15 am

I'm feeling so discouraged, I hate myself for ruining everything. This neurotypical guy whom I have a huge crush on, he invited me to hang out with him, told me that it wasn't a date, and so I went out with him as friends, and whilst we're at the restaurant, he asked me if I find him intense.

I answered "yes a little bit", and he seemed offended and put off by this answer of mine.

I did find him intense, but at the same time, I quite liked his intensity and find it quite attractive. But I don't know how to tell him that I find his intensity attractive without coming across as weird, as he hadn't asked me out on a proper date and he has previously specified that this wasn't a date, and since we were just hanging out as friends I didn't want to weird him out by telling him that I find his intensity attractive?

I wished I have said no instead regarding that intensity question, then maybe he wouldn't have been offended?

He isn't speaking to me anymore. Forget it if he doesn't like me as a lover and doesn't ask me out on a proper date. But even as friends he also doesn't like me anymore.

Whatever romantic chances I had with him had ended before we had even potentially begin anything. Oh great.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 12:04 pm

You have a kid with a truck and a trailer. This wasn't an insurmountable problem. I just wasn't worth the trouble.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 4:02 pm

An empathetic person would have asked if I have a plan.