Page 2247 of 2484 [ 39739 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2244, 2245, 2246, 2247, 2248, 2249, 2250 ... 2484  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 9:22 pm

Recidivist wrote:
Whether to reach out in a PM and appear nosy, but you are just trying to care.
Or
Do nothing and appear that you don't care. :roll:

I do the reach-out thing too, like WAI.
I think deep down, most of us want to know others really care.

Sometimes the person can't respond or articulate what's going on, but I think it's still a meaningful gesture.

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 12:53 pm

I want this unnecessary pain and sadness to stop, or at least ease up.

I carry so much hate and hurt against myself despite giving nothing but the opposite to those I deeply care about.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 2:09 pm

I'm procrastinating on playing a game because cleaning is less demanding.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 3:06 pm

You'll never guess who's taking down their Christmas tree.
I might even put everything away.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 3:20 pm

Looking at how to expand my overall number of friends from an online context; as I don't use Facebook nor Twitter, but would like to be able to consistently communicate with others during times, when I'm not here on Wrong Planet.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 7:53 pm

I was going to sit in the backseat with my friend on the drive home today, but I pussied out of it. I don't think they'd care, but I just can't. lol

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 6:07 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
Can't sleep.
No thanks to the sneezing.

Hm.
I would have to buy a stock or so of dehumidifier boxes so this won't happen again.

I'm willing to break my savings for it and maintain at least 2 extra boxes.
Could care less if 500g worth of it only lasts for 2 weeks -- and this isn't even the wet season yet.

There are only soaked beads left. Current room humidity is at 50s instead of 35-40s.

And, next month or so, a functioning room thermometer to accompany the hygrometer.

It's past 1am and my work starts at 7am.

i was mean...im sorry :(

hey! thats MY couch

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 6:13 pm

I might finally get my hair cut this weekend. I cannot wait to get misgendered less and feel less dysphoric.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 5:07 am

Don't skip the laundry.

Don't skip the chores.

I'd rather do that but my body's not moving fast enough.

And my head is bombarding excuses and glues my eyes to the phone.

No more excuses.

No more stupid bodily excuses in my head.

Just do it.

It'll give me a peace of mind.

Yeah, I could just do it tomorrow. But what if I get worse or have to go to work?

Call in sick?
I don't know. :? Maybe it's just the closest thing I got for a routine, disrupted by another regular nuisance.

Just stop napping. I already napped long enough.

I'm not tired.
Just annoyingly inconvenienced.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 12:39 pm

but its kinda true

hey! thats MY couch

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 12:50 pm

I woke up with a really sore throat and I don't know if it's because I'm sick from standing in the cold for a couple hours w/ my older cousins, from drinking, or from smoking weed, but it's probably all of the above. s**t. lmao

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 1:21 pm

Last night I discovered an interesting website about many different kinds of slang words from different countries and times periods and such. They had a list of Canadian slang, and they had the word "caper", which means someone from Cape Breton. But they said Cape Breton was a town in Nova Scotia, and I was so annoyed because it's not a town, it's an ISLAND, and it's a part of the province of Nova Scotia, although there are towns on it.

I wonder what else they got wrong? Also I have never really heard anyone refer to Cape Breton people as "capers". More like "Cape Bretoners". In the late 80s there were kids at school wearing bootleg Alf t-shirts that said "ALF is a Caper" or "Alf is a Newfie", which was weird because he's a space alien from the planet Melmac, but that's the only time I've heard the word "caper" used to mean a Cape Bretoner.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 3:35 pm

White pepper - Holy smokes it’s spicy.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 5:38 pm

Ah, it's official.

I'm absent at work now.
Sure I have a lot of choices on what to do with this day... Except being able to breathing comfortably.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2023, 1:41 am

I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. I feel like s**t.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2023, 9:14 am

I'm not sure if I should apologize, offer an explanation or let it go. As for the apology, I don't think I was out of line or anything, it's just not my standard response to shut down topics in that way. I don't like it that I did that. I was too tired to really have it in me to carry on in that direction. I don't think anything either of us would have said would have mattered beyond there. Still, I don't like it that I effectively ended that particular conversation. That wasn't right of me. I could have handled that better than I did, that's for sure. I imagine that's part of why I'd like to offer an explanation.

It truly does confuse me how he can do that sort of thing. I mean, he knows better. He's seen those exact same scare tactic bs types of arguments presented against things he supports. He knows how aggravating that crap is...he knows how a crazy, loud, hype filled bunch of crap about one lone outlier can be used by idiots to push some agenda they have.

But then I have to stop and ask myself something... I recall how it goes, when you see something all around you, it's likely because you yourself are doing that exact same thing. So what the hell am I holding a double standard on here. Perhaps I should ask him that. Perhaps I'm doing the very thing I'm annoyed with him over. I have no idea. Hm.

That was just weird. But what was weird...his thoughts? Nah. My reaction? Yeah.