Page 2014 of 2518 [ 40278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 ... 2518  Next

traven
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 2:08 am

the noise of a washing machine from the pc?? or is it the electricity meter? that was noisy lately
or go outside and get guilttripped by the dog -a social dog occupation -
that Idéfix, in the tiny mind, or in english; Dogmatix

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 2:44 am

No I won't say it, its too inappropriate for you kids.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 2:58 am

Some... Strangeness.

Not me. Or from me specifically.
But what's been coming to me.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 3:52 pm

It's no big deal, but I have been thinking about the Nintendo Direct that will air tomorrow. Not only am I anxious about what the final two Smash fighters will be, but I am eager about what new information about the Pokemon games will be (e.g. will there be new content in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl?) While the suspense is killing me, I will have to keep myself busy until then.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 11:47 am

WitchsCat wrote:
It's no big deal, but I have been thinking about the Nintendo Direct that will air tomorrow. Not only am I anxious about what the final two Smash fighters will be, but I am eager about what new information about the Pokemon games will be (e.g. will there be new content in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl?) While the suspense is killing me, I will have to keep myself busy until then.

OK, so I watched the direct, and it was "meh" at most in my opinion. There were no Pokemon-related news as of yet, and Kazuya from Tekken is the fifth Smash DLC character. I am okay with the latter because my brother used to play Tekken a lot as a kid. I honestly could never be that good in that game as he was; it's just not exactly my cup of tea.

What made me perk up was Mario Party Superstars. It looked promising with great graphics in mini games from some of the older games, and Birdo is back as a playable character. It's supposed to release the week after my birthday, so I may get that.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 4:19 pm

What movie I may go see later.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 4:34 pm

Pain receptors

Oxytocin

Fragile and vulnerable

Semantics and pragmatic

Linguistic

Slippery slope

Dead end "job"

Cut corners

Goals hobbies "friends"

Disillusioned despair disturbed distraught dissociation disappointed

Renal cancer

Colonoscopy

Corporal punishment machine

Fraternity paddle

Stream of consciousness

"She's come undone"

Perspective

Pubic hair

Mammogram

Naked nude

Diapers underpants bra

Strip search

Miscommunication

Unjustified expectations

"Great expectations"

Twisted distorted

Vocal cord damage

Career aspiration

Page knight squire

Castle

Yeast infection

Amputation

Guillotine

Limiting reagent

"Thin line between love and hate"

Brainiac42
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 4:47 pm

My dad is obese and I don’t know what to do to make him lose weight. He’s been hospitalized and he still won’t lose weight.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 6:46 pm

I wrote some stuff down for my therapist tomorrow. If he reads it and still tries to invalidate/dismiss/lessen-in-any-way stuff, I’m done. And I won’t bother trying to find someone else who might possibly take me seriously if somebody who’s known me for over a decade and who works with a lot of clients with ASD can’t do it. I might consider if I hadn’t already tried probably everything they might offer anyway (through other therapists and/or inpatient/intensive-outpatient hospitalization) with no success, but, well, I have. No point trying to put myself through probably multiple failed attempts to find someone who isn’t dismissive because if I’m capable of something sometimes, I obviously am all the time, and obviously I’m severely exaggerating when I say I really have tried pretty much everything and/or just go into new things already certain they’ll fail and don’t give them a good, honest, open-minded try :roll:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 7:37 pm

I'm nostalgic for my grandfather who committed suicide on my 16th birthday. I wish I could go back in time and bond with him more. He suffered from debilitating depression and he was likely autistic. I understand his personality now that I'm an adult and there's so much I'd like to ask, especially about the eight years when he abandoned us during my childhood. I wish I hadn't been a sullen, bitter 13 year-old when he came back to the family. He probably thinks I hated him. I wish I could tell him how much I love him, and how proud I am of all that he accomplished.

Brainiac42
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 8:20 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm nostalgic for my grandfather who committed suicide on my 16th birthday. I wish I could go back in time and bond with him more. He suffered from debilitating depression and he was likely autistic. I understand his personality now that I'm an adult and there's so much I'd like to ask, especially about the eight years when he abandoned us during my childhood. I wish I hadn't been a sullen, bitter 13 year-old when he came back to the family. He probably thinks I hated him. I wish I could tell him how much I love him, and how proud I am of all that he accomplished.

I’m sorry that happened. Don’t be too hard on yourself for what you did as a young child. I’ve been there.. in a similar position with a loved one who passed, and as a kid you just don’t understand. Even if you could go back in time, you’d more than likely still make some mistake unless you knew what you knew now, then. It is inevitable for kids to make mistakes and to not understand deeply how serious some things are. I am sure he knew that, as he was a kid himself.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 9:13 pm

Brainiac42 wrote:
I’m sorry that happened. Don’t be too hard on yourself for what you did as a young child. I’ve been there.. in a similar position with a loved one who passed, and as a kid you just don’t understand. Even if you could go back in time, you’d more than likely still make some mistake unless you knew what you knew now, then. It is inevitable for kids to make mistakes and to not understand deeply how serious some things are. I am sure he knew that, as he was a kid himself.

Thank you. I was angry because he walked out on my whole family including my grandmother. He went into hiding to be alone because of social anxiety and major depression. No one explained where he went and I assumed he had died. He came back eight years later, after my grandmother had died from stress. The remaining family was furious so I decided I would never forgive him. He took his life three years later, on my birthday. I wish so much that ASD was better understood and that he had received mental health support instead of feeling ostracised. Same for my grandmother, really. They shouldn't have been a couple in the first place, but she got pregnant on their first date. 8O

The stories I could tell.

Brainiac42
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 9:17 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:

Thank you. I was angry because he walked out on my whole family including my grandmother. He went into hiding to be alone because of social anxiety and major depression. No one explained where he went and I assumed he had died. He came back eight years later, after my grandmother had died from stress. The remaining family was furious so I decided I would never forgive him. He took his life three years later, on my birthday. I wish so much that ASD was better understood and that he had received mental health support instead of feeling ostracised. Same for my grandmother, really. They shouldn't have been a couple in the first place, but she got pregnant on their first date. 8O

The stories I could tell.

I know that must be hard to not think about on what’s supposed to be a happy day. I’d also be interested in hearing more stories. I have some interesting stories about my family as well.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 9:21 pm

Brainiac42 wrote:
I have some interesting stories about my family as well.

I wonder if there's a way we could start a thread of family folklore, without breaching anyone's privacy.

I think it would be therapeutic for some of us to honour the good and the bad of our lives.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 10:41 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I wrote some stuff down for my therapist tomorrow. If he reads it and still tries to invalidate/dismiss/lessen-in-any-way stuff, I’m done. And I won’t bother trying to find someone else who might possibly take me seriously if somebody who’s known me for over a decade and who works with a lot of clients with ASD can’t do it. I might consider if I hadn’t already tried probably everything they might offer anyway (through other therapists and/or inpatient/intensive-outpatient hospitalization) with no success, but, well, I have. No point trying to put myself through probably multiple failed attempts to find someone who isn’t dismissive because if I’m capable of something sometimes, I obviously am all the time, and obviously I’m severely exaggerating when I say I really have tried pretty much everything and/or just go into new things already certain they’ll fail and don’t give them a good, honest, open-minded try :roll:

I started doing that. Then suddenly... no appts

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 10:42 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Brainiac42 wrote:
I have some interesting stories about my family as well.

I wonder if there's a way we could start a thread of family folklore, without breaching anyone's privacy.

I think it would be therapeutic for some of us to honour the good and the bad of our lives.

Interesting