Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 10:17 pm

This is an NFL prediction listing. Keep a list of who you think will go through the playoffs, and in 7 months we will declare a winner who will obtain bragging rights for a year. Yes, quite a prize.

AFC Wildcard
(6)New England defeats (3)San Diego
(4)Miami defeats (5)Pittsburgh
AFC Semis
(2)Cincinatti defeats (6)New England
(4)Miami defeats (1)Indianapolis
AFC Title
(2)Cincinatti defeats (4)Miami

NFC Wild Card
(3)Chicago defeats (6)San Francisco
(5)Atlanta defeats (4)Seattle
NFC Semis
(2)Washington defeats (3)Chicago
(5)Atlanta defeats (1)Caralina
NFC Finals
(2)Washington defeats (5)Atlanta

Super Bowl 41
Cincinatti 26 Washington 14

Postscript-You're laughing at my SF pick. I saw way too much heart in that team to count them out. That was one of the best talent to success ratios I've ever seen

Last edited by subatai_baadur on 07 Jul 2006, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EaglesRNo1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jul 2006, 8:18 pm

AFC

Wild Card
Steelers (3) def Broncos (6)
Dolphins (5) def Chiefs (4)

Divisional
Colts (1) def Dolphins
Steelers def Patriots (2)

AFC Championship
Colts def Steelers

NFC

Wild Card
Eagles (5) def Giants (4)
Bears (3) def Bucs (6)

Divisional
Seahawks (1) def Eagles
Panthers (2) def Bears

NFC Championship
Panthers def Seahawks

Super Bowl: see my sig

PS: your AFC seeding is innacurate. You have both Indy and Jacksonville listed as division winners. If you have Indy as 1 Cincy as 2 and San Diego as 3, your AFC East champion has to be 4.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2006, 9:52 pm

Fixed. I was thinking of Miami but put Jacksonville. Not sure why.

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2006, 11:09 am

I had not been keeping track with all the NFL teams lately besides the Jaguars because of me moving.
I do think that so far we might see Cinncinnati vs. Jacksonville in the AFC Championship game.
And Seattle vs. Tampa Bay in the NFC Championship
With Cinncinnati vs. Seattle in Super Bowl 41.
The thing that makes me laugh with those on ESPN that are saying we might have a bad season because of losing Jimmy Smith, but looking at the fact that we still have some dangerious weapons on offense.
We have Leftwich, who has become one of the most dangerious QB in the NFL with a TD-INT radio of 15-5 which is awesome needless to say. Plus if Matt Jones steps it up more this year he will most likely be a cornerback/safety nightmare. Last year he hasdone a outstanding job for a rookie WR switching from QB in college.

Jaguarsfan2004
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jul 2006, 11:10 am

i don't think the Jaguars will make the playoffs without Jimmy Smith it will be hard for them even thought they got Matt Jones as a WR

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2006, 11:22 am

Jaguarsfan2004 wrote:
i don't think the Jaguars will make the playoffs without Jimmy Smith it will be hard for them even thought they got Matt Jones as a WR

Don't be so sure about that. While Jimmy Smith's departure might be a bit of a blow it shouldn't really hamper the Jags from getting back in. Not only do we have Matt Jones, We also have Wilford who had a great season in 05. I have noticed that last year Smith was showing decline with dropped passes and such. The only thing that might be trouble for the offense might be our o-line but Del Rio should have that area improved.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2006, 11:30 am

You also have a QB that makes Mark Prior look like he's made of steel. Besides, I currently cannot name your running back, your recievers are either mediocre or growing, and you have to deal with Indy challenging you for the division title and Miami or New England in one of the wild cards, with Cinci or Pittsburgh likely in the other. If not them, you have to deal with San Diego and KC with a LJ in for the season. It would be easier to get a bye week in the NFC.

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2006, 11:38 am

subatai_baadur wrote:
You also have a QB that makes Mark Prior look like he's made of steel. Besides, I currently cannot name your running back, your recievers are either mediocre or growing, and you have to deal with Indy challenging you for the division title and Miami or New England in one of the wild cards, with Cinci or Pittsburgh likely in the other. If not them, you have to deal with San Diego and KC with a LJ in for the season. It would be easier to get a bye week in the NFC.

Fred Taylor is our RB and despite getting injured alot he has a history of being a force to be reckon with. I don't get where your sayin our WRs is mediocre at best. When Matt Jones has been doing extremly well for a rookie WR switching from QB and should have a termendious year in 06.
So basicly your discounting Leftwich's TD-INT radio 15-5 which is awesome for a NFL Quarterback and was even starting to heat up until he got injured.
I don't know where you get your football knowage, but its pretty laughable.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2006, 1:11 pm

jaguars_fan wrote:
subatai_baadur wrote:

Fred Taylor is our RB and despite getting injured alot he has a history of being a force to be reckon with. I don't get where your sayin our WRs is mediocre at best. When Matt Jones has been doing extremly well for a rookie WR switching from QB and should have a termendious year in 06.
So basicly your discounting Leftwich's TD-INT radio 15-5 which is awesome for a NFL Quarterback and was even starting to heat up until he got injured.
I don't know where you get your football knowage, but its pretty laughable.

I didn't say Leftwich wasn't good. He was my starting fantasy QB for most of last year before he got injured in a key week. He also got injured at Marshall and numerous times prior to last season in Jacksonville. Leftwich is a perfectly competant QB, he just gets injured a lot. Matt Jones is potential at the WR position, but in the mean time 2 receptions a game and a 5-2 touchdown to fumble ratio doesn't make him look like the second coming of Jerry Rice. Last year Taylor had 3 touchdowns in 11 games, and he has been in the league for 8 years, so he isn't getting any younger. You have the sports world version of beer goggles on. Wake up and smell the coffee. Your schedule is too hard to expect playoffs. Better luck next year.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2006, 5:10 pm

And now that the Jaguars conversation has ended in an akward silence, we can reenter the predictings.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 10:21 pm

I screwed up the Redskins, Bengals, Steelers, and possibly Falcons. On that note, I got the 49ers right. Please take note.