Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 2:47 am

Don't get me wrong, I do like cats but the thing is I've always been more of a dog person.
However it seems like every time I go on these forums everyone's talking about how great cats are and how they don't like dogs. It makes me feel left out and a little upset.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 2:50 am

I love cats. Sorry to disappoint you.
If it's any consolation, though, I also love dogs. I am a cat and dog person.
I used to be scared of dogs until my family got one and I learned to read them better.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 2:55 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
I love cats. Sorry to disappoint you.
If it's any consolation, though, I also love dogs. I am a cat and dog person.
I used to be scared of dogs until my family got one and I learned to read them better.

Haha funny, I'm the complete opposite.
I like dogs because I know what they're thinking and feeling.
Cats are more mysterious so I have trouble reading them. That's probably why I'm a little more hesitant around them.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 3:14 am

Since I learned of toxoplasmosis I have not touch a cat.

I prefer wild things, blackbirds and sparrows are my new pets. I patted a wild dolphin last week :)

Gingerbiscuit
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Feb 2011, 4:13 am

I'm not answering your question 'correctly' - because I totally adore cats. However, I also adore guinea pigs :)

Dogs frighten me.. and I don't know how to communicate with them...

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 4:24 am

I like cats but they make me sneeze

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 4:26 am

I like cats and dogs to an equal amount.

NcNbl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 4:35 am

hehehe i like dogs too.. i actually like animals in general and pets, but not much of a fan of birds and fishes. i like animals that i could kiss and hug.. i cant do that to a fish.. hihihi.. :lol:

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 5:04 am

Not me.....I adore kitties and all animals :cheers:

Much more than I can honestly say I adore many humans.

Morning comes the sunrise and i'm driven to my bed, I see that it is empty and there's devils in my head. I embrace, the many-colored beast...I grow weary of the torment....can there be no peace? I find myself just wishing, that my life would simply cease

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 5:28 am

I love dogs too but I've always been more of a cat person than anything else. I love their weirdness and complexity.

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 5:39 am

_Square_Peg_ wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I do like cats but the thing is I've always been more of a dog person.
However it seems like every time I go on these forums everyone's talking about how great cats are and how they don't like dogs. It makes me feel left out and a little upset.

I'm sorry. I'm probably one of the worst offenders, but just because I prefer cats, does not mean that I dislike dogs. I like dogs too, just not as much. They're fun, and I like the things that you can do with them. I also like fish. I love to watch some reptiles and some amphibians, though I don't like touching them.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

01 Feb 2011, 6:22 am

Dogs and cats are easy for me to read.

I prefer cats as pets for a few reasons. The big one is, really, I don't like how dogs smell. I can better tolerate a litterbox than I can a dog's fur or breath. I'm not mean to them, however, and I don't mind a bit of play or attention.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 6:43 am

I only like dogs. Cats can freak me out too much except when they are curled up and quiet. Dogs are much better pets because you know the dogs cares about you and would defend you to the death. Cats would just stand by with their tails up if you were robbed or attacked.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

01 Feb 2011, 6:54 am

Hmm, I know my cats care about me. But I also know my cats are tiny creatures that are more likely to run away from strangers than just stand by and watch. I don't know if they'd defend me, but I think there's an understanding with my cats that this was never an expectation.

Cats have always seemed just as affectionate as dogs to me.

doeintheheadlights
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Feb 2011, 7:17 am

Although dogs are my special interest and I love interacting with them and being around them, I think I prefer having pet cats because they're easier to take care of. I can only have one pet dog at a time because they're just so time consuming, especially for me because I'm so particular about how I train them.

My all-time favourite pet is a rabbit though. They're such funny and sensitive creatures, so much fun to be around.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 8:15 am

I love cats, they have Asperger's too :D