Lack of memory capacities... anyone have this?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kaiouti
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Apr 2014, 1:49 am

I get overloaded in a work environment, so its hard for me to stay in a job, Im really a hard worker and feel unappreciated, I take on as much direction as I can but what I've found in the work environments I've been in is that peopl ejust aren't on the same page, people working mindlessly/carelessly or half assedly meanwhile I try to do my best and I nearly always feel I have too much on my plate, I often say to people I don't have the capacity do do certain things but nowadays my mind is clearer and more confident, I think its confidence and mental discipline that help grow the capacity, going to the gym regularly really is good for discipline, eating a healthy diet probably is good too, to help growing brain cells.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 1:26 pm

When I try to recall stuff,, I often initially can't, and it's then easy for me to imagine that the stuff just isn't there, but if I keep calm and persevere for a while, it's surprising how often the recall eventually succeeds. It's similar to my difficulty in refocussing quickly on a change of subject when I'm in conversation with people. It's as if my brain works well enough but slower than the average brain.

The downside is that people in real life aren't likely to give me time to think and remember. The upside is that if I can ignore time constraints (by working alone or by asking people to slow down), the memory problem can usually be overcome.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 5:32 pm

I think most memory problems are brain fog. Brain fog can be treated with detoxing.

LongleafPine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Apr 2014, 6:02 pm

Oh, I'm relieved to read this thread-well sort of :roll:. My memory is horrible!! Also, I can't remember much of what I hear, read, or watch. But I can generally function as needed and work around it-taking notes, adding repetition when learning new tasks, limiting distractions. As several others have mentioned, things can be stored in my brain but not accessible when needed. When I'm with a group of people all learning a new procedure, I'll be the slowest one learning it, but then will eventually learn it just fine and may be the one who creates a new and better way to do it.