Spyro The Dragon/Crash Bandicoot Topic

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which video game series do you prefer? Crash Bandicoot or Spyro The Dragon?
The Classic Spyro Series 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
The Legend Of Spyro Series 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I like both the Legend Of Spyro and the Classic Spyro series. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Classic Crash Bandicoot Series 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
The Newer Crash Bandicoot Series 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I like both the Classic Crash and the Newer Crash series. 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
I like both the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro The Dragon series equally. 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
I don't like the Crash Bandicoot series. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't like the Spyro The Dragon series. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't like both the Crash Bandicoot series or Spyro The Dragon series. 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
I've never heard of Crash Bandicoot and/or Spyro The Dragon. 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 17

SpyroGamer2008
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Feb 2011, 12:02 pm

I really enjoy playing these two video game franchises, and I am curious to know whether any of you guys on this website like these games as well. In my opinion, I like both the old Spyro The Dragon/Crash Bandicoot games as well as the newer Spyro The Dragon/Crash Bandicoot games pretty much equally.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 12:22 pm

Probably the classic Crash Bandicoot series the most, especially the second game, Racing and Crash Bash. I always used to be a big fan of the characters like Tiny and Dingodile. I also like the classic Spyro, that was a lot of fun, even if I am still not over those egg theif chases.

I think they started to lose their charm with I think it was called twin trouble, and Spyro was loseing it after their game where you could use those other characters, like the bird. But their market really was starting to go to the lower guys.

Either way the classics were an important part of my childhood.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 9:32 am

The first Spyro is the only game I've played for more than a few minutes, so I can't really say which I prefer...

Yowuza
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Feb 2011, 12:06 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
I think they started to lose their charm with I think it was called twin trouble.

*facepalm*

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Feb 2011, 12:34 pm

Crash for me though I've played a few of the older ones. Spyro never interested me much

Scrollin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Feb 2011, 2:56 am

The classics were by far the best, both Spyro and Crash Bandicoot... But the new games seeem to resort to crazy gimmicks, never really been interested in them for that reason, the game developers of both games seem to have somehow lost the market and were unable to keep up with the newer industry. I eagerly await Sony to re-vamp the series. Will it ever happen?... Who knows...

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 3:04 am

I loved those series! :D I picked classic Crash Bandicoot, as Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped I played a lot when I was little, and loved that game. Crash Team Racing was a lot of fun too. 8)

The classic Spyro games were a lot of fun too, but I only played one of two of them. All the new games of each suck. :P

Yowuza
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Feb 2011, 5:11 am

Scrollin wrote:
The classics were by far the best, both Spyro and Crash Bandicoot... But the new games seeem to resort to crazy gimmicks, never really been interested in them for that reason, the game developers of both games seem to have somehow lost the market and were unable to keep up with the newer industry. I eagerly await Sony to re-vamp the series. Will it ever happen?... Who knows...

Crash Bandicoot haven't been developed since their original developers since their 5th and 4th games respectively. If you want to find out more about this (for CB anyway), click here.

Because I'm too lazy to explain myself.

Jessi_in_wonderland
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2011, 3:48 am

I like them equally and also like the classic ones better. After Crash Bandicoot Warped I didn't feel that the newer Crash games were as fun as the old ones. Same with Spyro, although I found the newer ones to be easier to play than the newer Crash games. I remember the level with all the Gnorc soldiers that moon Spyro when he turns away, and I loved to blast fire on their bums when they did this ! :lol: I was obsessed with Crash when I was little, ( I still love Crash and Spyro) and my cousin gave me a set of the action figures which had been my favorite birthday present that year. Taco Bell also gave out Crash and Spyro toys which I have some of. Wendy's did too... They're great games and they're part of the big group of PS1 games that can be more fun than the newer super graphic games that are out.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 12:13 am

I've never actually played either game besides in the walmart demo displays, so no opinion I guess.

Also what are your thoughts on the new spyro design for his next game? it looks so terrible.

Jessi_in_wonderland
Toucan
Toucan

15 Feb 2011, 12:46 am

Oh no! He looks so creepy and ugly :( What were they thinking changing that cute sweet little dragon into a hideous beast like that. He looks like a smashed in face troll or gremlin. That's nuts.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 2:18 am

You serious that can not be Spyro, why even call him Spyro if he doesn't even look like himself, kind of reminds me of my disgust over the suposed Devil May Cry restart, why are they choosing gritty over charm?

Couldn't they just have him as another Dragon, and you would think Spyro would have grown big, wouldn't kids like their own dragon rather then screw over our childhood.

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 3:31 pm

Surrealism, brah. It's what attracts some gamers.

Anyway, I voted for both Crash and Spyro.

Yowuza
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Feb 2011, 3:37 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
You serious that can not be Spyro, why even call him Spyro if he doesn't even look like himself, kind of reminds me of my disgust over the suposed Devil May Cry restart, why are they choosing gritty over charm?

Couldn't they just have him as another Dragon, and you would think Spyro would have grown big, wouldn't kids like their own dragon rather then screw over our childhood.

It's Activision. What do you expect? In addition to this, they fired the entire team working on the next Crash Bandicoot game just because they planned a 2-year gap between the last game and the next rather than 1 year. Seriously.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 12:35 am

Yowuza wrote:
It's Activision. What do you expect? In addition to this, they fired the entire team working on the next Crash Bandicoot game just because they planned a 2-year gap between the last game and the next rather than 1 year. Seriously.

So they really care so much about bringing them out so fast getting sales dollars then actually makeing a good game and raising their reputation. It is the real down side to all these casual games where they think they will sell no matter what or they might just chuck in a gimick.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 12:21 pm

Both games are some of the earliest games I ever played. I was 3 or 4 when I first played Crash and Spyro. In fact, I had been playing both before even hearing about Mario and Sonic since all my cousins had was a Playstation.