do you like to stand in the rain?

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 4:12 pm

rain!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !
and yes i love standing in the rain!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 11:42 pm

I love standing in the rain. It soothes me. :)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 10:55 am

I would rather stand in the rain than be in aroom full of crowded people.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 12:34 pm

No. Icy cold drops clinging to my skin and seeping through my clothes feels nasty and gross. Although it does match my personality.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2022, 6:41 pm

I don't mind it. Though it would've been a headache to my would be wet clothes and walking through with glasses though.

I would've like it if my body wasn't so intolerant to cold, and being vulnerable to upper respiratory issues with weather as one of the triggers.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

xxSkull_Princessxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Apr 2023, 11:57 pm

I enjoy standing out in the rain. It's calming to me and I find beauty in clouds and rain.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2023, 4:08 am

...and I dont love pina coladas either.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 8:23 am

I like standing out in the rain if it's a really hot summer's day and I need to cool off. I heard that rainwater provides as much vitamin D as the sun, so it's good for your skin and doesn't cause any damage. Don't know if that's true or not but there's no reason why it shouldn't be true, at least to an extent.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Apr 2023, 8:48 am

Joe90 wrote:
I like standing out in the rain if it's a really hot summer's day and I need to cool off. I heard that rainwater provides as much vitamin D as the sun, so it's good for your skin and doesn't cause any damage. Don't know if that's true or not but there's no reason why it shouldn't be true, at least to an extent.
I didn't know that about rain & vit D. I heard acid rain is bad for the skin & can cause other various health problems. Acid rain is an issue in the US. Most all rain here has some acid but the percent can vary a lot depending on where you are & other factors.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2023, 9:48 am

Like the rain, love hiking in it; don't need to stop if I'm not too exhausted from heat.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 9:54 am

nick007 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
I didn't know that about rain & vit D. I heard acid rain is bad for the skin & can cause other various health problems. Acid rain is an issue in the US. Most all rain here has some acid but the percent can vary a lot depending on where you are & other factors.

I don't think we get acid rain in the UK. Some older people I mentioned it to before have never even heard of it. Rain is just pure water here.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2023, 6:12 pm

Joe90 wrote:

Wut? :?

It’s wavelengths of UV light that cause us to generate our own vitamin D.

Water isn’t made of UV light so it is physically impossible for it to trigger the production of vitamin D in people.

If it were remotely true, people would just take a shower to get vitamin D instead of using UV mood lamps or tanning beds.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2023, 6:15 pm

Joe90 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I don't think we get acid rain in the UK. Some older people I mentioned it to before have never even heard of it. Rain is just pure water here.

Acid rain is a result of industrial toxins and contaminants in the environment making their way into water.

The UK is an industrialized island with plenty of environmental contamination. Zero chance rainwater is “just pure water.” It may not be acidic, but it definitely has other things in it besides pure water.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Apr 2023, 1:32 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Water isn’t made of UV light so it is physically impossible for it to trigger the production of vitamin D in people.

If it were remotely true, people would just take a shower to get vitamin D instead of using UV mood lamps or tanning beds.
Perhaps it has to do with light shinning through rain like how rain & sunlight can cause rainbows :?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 1:36 am

nick007 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Perhaps it has to do with light shinning through rain like how rain & sunlight can cause rainbows :?

No. If there's sunlight, it's the sun that causes us to produce vitamin D. Rainwater does not. We get less sunlight on a cloudy rainy day so less vitamin D, too. Blue skies, full sunlight, more vitamin D. Rain/water creating vitamin D? Nope. Physically/biologically impossible.

banjovamp
Raven
Raven

06 Apr 2023, 4:01 pm

Ahhh no I really don't

I think the rain is nice and cozy when I can be inside and dry:) I really really hate getting wet:'(((