Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ssjgoku
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2011, 10:17 pm

anyone like dbz/one piece/naruto/bleach etc???

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 10:25 pm

I used to like Dragonball Z. Still do to a degree, but I prefer Death Note, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Azumanga Daioh.

On sabbatical...

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 10:51 pm

FLCL
Trigin
Death Note
Axis Powers Hetalia
Shugo Chara!
Fruits Basket
Gurren Lagann
Paprika
Chi's Sweet Home
movies by Hayao Miyazaki
and I'm too lazy to include any more

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 11:47 pm

Let's see...

Darker than Black
Soul Eater
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Last Exile
Spiral
DearS (I blame Roland*)

Those are the ones that I have seen recently or am watching now.

* Blaming Roland is kind of an in-joke at the University of Wyoming Anime Club right now. One of our members, Roland, has a large collection of hentai, ecchi, and other stuff that is either perverted or just downright weird. And all of our anime is supplied by club members. As such, anytime something extremely weird or fanservice/borderline ecchi is displayed (since we can't show any hentai or true ecchi), we blame it on Roland.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

MelyssaK
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Feb 2011, 11:50 pm

Oh, I LOVE anime and manga. My favorite is Kyo Kara Maoh! My first was Ronin Warriors, started watching it at the age of 6. Wolf's Rain is another favorite, as well as Casshern Sins, Galaxy Railways and Fullmetal Alchemist. Also loved Blood+ and Code Geass. I watch the Funimation Channel often, so I watch whatever is on there. But I must say, they NEED to hire new voice actors! The same 10 people are in every newly dubbed anime on that channel!! Anyone remember Toonami and Yu Yu Hakkusho and Inu Yasha?
There are many more that I watch, end even more mangas that I read (I own 101 manga volumes currently.) I have school in the morning, so I can't list them all now. But I am looking forward to buying more Kamui volumes. And Nightmare Inspector, Godchild, and Pandora Hearts are a couple of my favorite mangas.

Favorite voice actor: YURI LOWENTHAL!

Also, I wish they would make a Suikoden III anime!

Last edited by MelyssaK on 03 Feb 2011, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 12:12 am

I used to be really into Rurouni Kenshin and Inuyasha when I was in my tweens/early teens. In my mid-teens I was into Naruto and One Piece, and in my late teens I was into Hellsing and Trinity Blood.

Sometimes I revisit these series for the nostalgia factor, and occasionally I try to watch new anime that is available on Crunchyroll or the Funimation Channel in the hopes of recapturing what it felt like to be a teenager. It hardly ever works, but hey, it's always worth a shot...

Last edited by IdahoRose on 03 Feb 2011, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 12:12 am

I am a big anime fan, I watched dbz/one piece/naruto/bleach although only a bit of One Piece, DBZ was years ago, been waiting for more Naruto and Bleach's recent season has been a bit of a drag. Really my favourite of long running Shounen (the genre of the shows you mentioned) is Fairy Tail which is a heap of fun, Fairy Tail breaks up the action with comedy, they manage to make it pretty serious and feel for the characters, but also have fun, plus characters actually change clothes. Erza also rocks, I am a big fanboy about her, and she is a good example of a strong female character when there are usually not many.

My favourite genre really is comedy, of which some of my favourite shows are Azumanga Daioh, Shinryaku! Ika Musume, Hayate the Combat Butler, Seitokai no Ichizon and Kanon. My current avatar at the moment is from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu which is also a very funny show, which I am awaiting for a release or and a second season.

My favourite show I am watching at the moment might be Kore wa Zombie Desu ka, which really kind of fun and interesting, a strange mix between comedy and drama that works quite well. Last season's favourite was Shinryaku! Ika Musume, which despite being very clean was one of the funiest things I had seen in a long time, the shows description sounds pretty bad, but it is actually really good.

Fairy Tail FTW.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6rJJQp9Jsw[/youtube]

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 12:17 am

I'm not much into the super-mainstream shounen stuff like Dragonball Z, One Piece, Naruto and Bleach, but I do enjoy some of the lesser (but still mostly) mainstream shounen/seinen and the occasional shoujo/josei.

Stuff like:

Full Metal Panic!
Darker Than Black
Requiem For The Phantom
Nana
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop

MelyssaK

03 Feb 2011, 1:28 am

Zokk wrote:
I'm not much into the super-mainstream shounen stuff like Dragonball Z, One Piece, Naruto and Bleach, but I do enjoy some of the lesser (but still mostly) mainstream shounen/seinen and the occasional shoujo/josei.

Stuff like:

Full Metal Panic!
Darker Than Black
Requiem For The Phantom
Nana
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop

Oh, yeah! I loved Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop! Just finished Full Metal Panic. You ever see Blue Submarine No. 6?

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 1:33 am

I enjoy Full Metal Alchemist, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle, but I am not obsessed with them and don't want to be, I don't want myself to be associated with the modern Westernized culture of Japan. :P

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 1:55 am

MelyssaK wrote:
You ever see Blue Submarine No. 6?

I actually have that near the top of my my 'to watch' list. It looks pretty good.

Arman_Khodaei
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Feb 2011, 2:10 am

I love all Studio Ghibli films, Cowboy BeBop, Escaflowne, Macross Plus, but there is a lot of stuff that I haven't seen and need to see.

I have a daily blog that discusses my experiences on the autism spectrum, and a daily YouTube series to compliment it. Please check them out. I also have a podcast that is updated weekly including an Al

FalconPunch39
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 8:12 am

Yeah I love anime. The facial expressions on the characters is what always gets my attention. Storylines are very dramatic too. I grew up whith the dragonball series, then I started watching such shows as Inuyasha, street fighter animated series, F-Zero GP Legend.

"You look way more delicious than I expected!"

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 9:05 am

No.

BigJohnnyCool
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2011, 11:15 am

Just Dragon Ball Z

Phob
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2011, 6:24 pm

I do like anime, though, to be perfectly honest, I'm actually more of a manga person, and even more of a J-Drama person :D
But anime is good, and there are a lot of great films and series. :D