Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 9:16 am

My brother and some other people say that i am always angry. I would have to agree with them becuase even though there are times in the day when i do feel at ease with everything most of the time i just feel angry and agressive. Could this possibly have something to do with having to live with aspergers because it can affect people in different ways individually.

For example this morning i was waking up out of bed and my 18 year old brother came in the room with a stupid grin on his face and started bending my finger back and slapping me round the face like he was high on drugs. I got pissed off at him and i told him to "f**k off" cause he is always pestering me and he then lashed out at me and said "Why are so angry all the time? What you trying to prove?" Also i was woken up today to the sound of hammers and banging on the walls becasue of construction workers building a new restroom in our house etc................

What is worrying me though is the feeling "angry" and agressive all the time i don't know what is causing it becuase i feel angry about LOADS of things................ Could it be linked to mood disorders?

LOL it could be though becasue i have a bit of green in my brown eyes maybe the green makes me have a short temper and you know what they say about people with green in there eyes :D

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 10:18 am

No wonder you're angry, your brother is a dick.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 10:27 am

Yeah I know my brother is also a bully as well who takes money off me.

It really pissed me off as well him pulling the bedsheets off me as also. :x

kfisherx
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 10:36 am

Jonsi wrote:
No wonder you're angry, your brother is a dick.

LOL! My thoughts exactly as I was reading this.

That said (and on a more serious note) you may be experiencing a natural surge in testoserone as you are male and in the right age group for that sort of thing to happen. That makes men naturally more aggressive and most will (as a result) go to the gym and throw weights or play some other sport to help them release some of that wild energy.

Since you have a lot of free time on your hands, it may be prudent for you to join some basketball pickup or intramural games or football, or lifting or something. Heck if you are a complete loner type then learn to run. It will be healty for you mentally and physically.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 10:40 am

Yup....justifiable anger. The construction work on its own would have been enough to get me going.

What's the view of the head of the household on your brother's antics?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 10:46 am

Well my farther gets VERY pissed of with my brothers behaviour.

So does me having anger and male testosterone entitle me to behave like an agressive prick to my parents?

LOL this morning that hammer banging on the wall woke me up and got me really annoyed.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 10:58 am

Jamesy wrote:
Well my farther gets VERY pissed of with my brothers behaviour.

So does me having anger and male testosterone entitle me to behave like an agressive prick to my parents?

LOL this morning that hammer banging on the wall woke me up and got me really annoyed.

If you think you've been too hard on your parents, I guess you could apologise to them and explain that it's just the strain of bro and the construction racket that's bringing out the worst in you. Might motivate them into tackling him a bit more strongly. Can't see much help for the noise except to try and find out when they're going to stop. I would say get out of the house as much as you can, but you'd need somewhere good to go to.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 11:00 am

i think i give my parents a hard time because i feel restless and agressive when they get back from work.

the construction work is finishing at the end of next week.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 11:10 am

My sister can be a bully towards me at times. It was a lot worse when I was your age. I was angry all the time because of it. I put all my energy into my factory job, daily exercises and artwork back in those days, to keep myself from blowing up.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 11:56 am

Yeah sometimes i go for a walk or a run and it can make me feel better.

kfisherx
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 12:12 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Yeah sometimes i go for a walk or a run and it can make me feel better.

^^THIS^^

Take your energies out on the pavement.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 12:26 pm

my family are putting me under a little bit of pressure to get a job at the moment but the thing is the working world is very tough esspecially if your an aspie if you catch my drift :(

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 12:31 pm

Jamesy wrote:
my family are putting me under a little bit of pressure to get a job at the moment but the thing is the working world is very tough esspecially if your an aspie if you catch my drift :(

What kind of job do you think you would be best at?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 12:44 pm

Well i am very good at writing scripts and i would love to be a video games desginer as well.

I might have to settle for working in a food store like costco but even those type of jobs can have a lot of discrimination. My brother who is an NT has faced a lot of attitude and discrimination in the workplace from his employees which is why he finds hard to hold down a stable job. He used to work in the store in a rough neighbourhood and he was threatend by a customer. 8O

It could also be partly my brothers attitude which always lands him in hot water with customers and employees.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 1:43 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Well i am very good at writing scripts and i would love to be a video games desginer as well.

I might have to settle for working in a food store like costco but even those type of jobs can have a lot of discrimination. My brother who is an NT has faced a lot of attitude and discrimination in the workplace from his employees which is why he finds hard to hold down a stable job. He used to work in the store in a rough neighbourhood and he was threatend by a customer. 8O

It could also be partly my brothers attitude which always lands him in hot water with customers and employees.

You could spend a lot of time writing plays! Writing is a wonderful idea! I encourage you to do a lot of writing.
Working in retail can be a nightmare.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 1:50 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

You could spend a lot of time writing plays! Writing is a wonderful idea! I encourage you to do a lot of writing.
Working in retail can be a nightmare.
Can be? It is one. Even if you work at a specialty store where your special interest shines.