09 Jul 2006, 3:05 pm

noise is a problem for me. i can hear things nobody(human) seems to notice

pi_woman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jul 2006, 4:57 pm

NOISE!
- Loud or sudden noises.
- People talking nearby while I'm trying to talk with someone else.
- Peope talking nearby while I'm trying to read (which is why I always have to bring my WNG and headphones to the library or airport).
- Toddlers screeching.
- Music (with vocals) any time while I'm conscious.

HOT WEATHER (thanks to Leaky Gut Syndrome I sweat like a pig).

UNEXPECTED TOUCHING.

BRIGHT LIGHT, especially as an abrupt environmental change.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2006, 6:11 pm

Wet shoes and clay and chalk.

Last edited by ilikedragons on 10 Jul 2006, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

09 Jul 2006, 6:43 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Sound: My left ear is super hyper sensitive. My right ear is normal.

I hear much better with my left. Its so bad that I adjust the left-right balance
when I'm using headphones.
Sound tends be my biggest problem. Vaccume cleaners, lawn mowers(any loud
machines), non-stop barking, crying animals(or any sound that seems like a cry).
I also hate heat and humidity. I usually run an air conditioner here in Texas
from April till October. What I really hate is to have many things hit me at ounce.
Say there is a powerfailure(no AC),barking dogs, headache or any other pain. I feel
like screaming out. Lucky that does not happen much and my life is rather easy
day to day.

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2006, 7:19 pm

The biggest sensitivity i had as a kid, and still do, Is the noise made by the ballasts of flourecent lights. I've always been able to hear them buzz when others couldn't and it drives me nuts!!

Yagaloth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2006, 3:04 am

Hey, a LOT of other people here who can hear and can't stand that whining/humming/buzzing sound of TV's and other electronics! And flourescent lights, too! Between the flourescent lights and those big, old ugly TV sets they had in school, and the strange accoustics of the classrooms, on the rare occassions back in those days (early VCR age) that the teachers would put something on TV would about drive me out of my mind!

And I hate the sound of styrofoam and certain powders (baking powder/soda, talcum powder, chalk dust) when rubbed or scratched.

I can actually hear a dog whistle at certain pitches... "yuck!" to that, too.

I also hate being touched unexpectedly about 99% of the time, and sometimes I hate the feeling of certain clothes against my skin. If I'm not completely comfortable with a given article of clothing, I refuse to wear it (I used to drive my parents crazy with that, especially since we were dirt-poor and I got most of my clothing either as gifts they could barely afford, or as hand-me-downs... so that my family wasn't really in a position for me to be that picky. A lot of clothing from the 1970's was the worst, I guess it was the synthetic fabric or something, but I couldn't stand the feel of it :P )

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2006, 1:06 pm

I am not sensitive to anything. :)

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2006, 2:29 pm

Sound, light, heat, cold.

Hellfire418
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jul 2006, 3:30 pm

unexpected touching
i can usually hear when people sneak up on me unless i have some music going and cant hear them approach.

hot water, cant stand it at all and ever since i burned myself with a radiator expulsion my entire right side of my torso is SUPER sensitive to heat.

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2006, 6:12 pm

Touch - lots of things itch. And certain materials ... bleh *shudders*

Sounds - high pitches especially, and I can hear the buzzing of electronics whilst switched off. But squeaky / scrapy things - kinfe/fork on a plate, the doors at school (they squeak horrendously.)

Taste - the taste of cheese.

Anna
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2006, 6:56 pm

Light - when I had contacts I still had to wear sunglasses. I have transition lenses now that get dark in the sunlight, but I still wear a hat. And at night, I wear a sleepmask.

texture - I can't stand the feel of certain fabrics. seersucker - ewwwwwww. just the sound of that word makes me cringe, and the feel of it is worse. yuck!! !! !! ! and i can't stand sheets with wrinkles in them. Or tight sheets around my feet. Or tags on my clothes. And i absolutely hate the feel of foam in my mouth. I used to hate brushing my teeth until i started using a teeeeeeeny tiny amount of toothpaste gel and *also* read at the same time and used an electric toothbrush so i didn't have to control the toothbrush.

Whoof. That seems like a lot.