Page 5 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2006, 3:51 pm

People are people. It doesn't matter if you're aspie or NT. We all have cruel streaks. What you look like on the outside is only a deception. It hides the true person. I have the physical and emotional scars to prove this statement.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2006, 6:17 pm

Solidess wrote:
I didn't realise there were categories of Geekdom. But as a videogame geek, and since that is being seen as more cool and mainstream these days, I dont think its fair to put me along side Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter geeks! :P

Heheh, yeah, I was simplifying it so that it wouldn't be overly long. There's different sub groups, but they all fit the same general category. Actually this is just a series of lables that I worked out based on my own perception of people who have described themselves this way. It's not official, it just bugs me because to me it should be.

Quick note: "dork" is the derogatory one because "dork" is the word for a whale's penis.

Solidess wrote:
Ahh but you are talking about the REALLY obsessive ones? The trekkies, the ones who dress into costumes and memorise all the dialog of games or movies? I mean I like Star Trek casually, but I'm not all hard-core with it.

Again, there's different sub groups, different levels, etc.

Solidess wrote:
You know, in fact, I dont think anyone could be considered a Geek or whatever. Isn't EVERYONE a Geek (or 'freak') of something or another, as a result of being SO obsessed/immersed in something?

Some people are movie freaks.

Others are car freaks.

Others are videogame freaks.

Others are music freaks (into a particular band or bands)

Some are fashion freaks.

You see what I'm saying here? EVERYONE is probably a geek of something or another. Without that, we wouldn't have such creative and passionate individuals who are driving their industries forward and making change. Even though you couldn't say my Dad LOOKS like any sort of a geek, but he IS a Pink Floyd and Fly Fishing nut. So, thats makes him a geek of those interests. No?

Yes! Yes! This is one of the points I always try to get across whenever I say this! Jocks are mean to geeks when they're sports geeks themselves, and that sort of thing! Heh.

hale_bopp wrote:
If you look at the true definition of geek.

But the classic current day geek stereotype is someone obsessed with computers, computer games, anime, comics and computer geek jargon such as saying things like "OMG LOL" in a sarcastic way in real life.

f**k the stereotype, that better describes nerds. And with the OMG LOL that's only the preteen ones who haven't hit their "emo years" quite yet.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 11:20 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
Oh great... Yet another loser male virgin believing he can actually get an Aspie woman into bed. Dream on dreamer.

:bigsmurf: TROLL ALERT!! ! :bigsmurf:

Everyone! into the bomb shelters 8O !
sound the troll siren, mobilize the troops.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 11:27 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
Take a look at this beauteous lady with Asperger's syndrome, Jessica Peers, writer of Asparagus Dreams.

Sorry, but she's not my type. As for whether Asperger's Syndrome is correlated with any measure of beauty...why would it be?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 11:43 pm

Old thread is old. God I was a bat back then... Maybe I still am >_<

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 11:49 pm

I find this thread ludicrous. How could a mental issue like Aspergers or Autism possibly be related to physical attractiveness, especially as the latter is so arbitrarily defined and subjective. That is, assuming we're talking about more than just makeup or clothing.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 12:11 am

KaiG wrote:
That is, assuming we're talking about more than just makeup or clothing.

Makeup and clothing are powerful tools for girls to fake being good looking. Heaven forbid if people see them without makeup or nice clothes.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 1:27 am

KaiG wrote:
I find this thread ludicrous. How could a mental issue like Aspergers or Autism possibly be related to physical attractiveness, especially as the latter is so arbitrarily defined and subjective. That is, assuming we're talking about more than just makeup or clothing.

My opinion is it's one's own personal business as to the measure of attractiveness. I tend to favor unusual features, in part why I often speak so highly of my last ex-gf who had albinism.

Here's what I think: I think if someone were to come up with a checklist of what a potential mate MUST be, more power to 'em. The risk, as we all know, is it may not be possible to check off the entire list. I was with an overweight woman for quite some time who was beautiful in her own way. However, I also found she was emotionally overweight as well, and it got to the point that I was better off completely alone than having to deal with her rotten moods.

Ever since I've made a point of only being with a certain type of woman, and that does include a certain set of physical features. I can accept that a person may physically change over time (there's no getting away from this). I'll even kiss the scar my wife got from her C-section, a mark she finds embarrassing. But she is a beauty through-and-through, and I don't ever hesitate to remind her of that.

If someone is looking for specific features in a beautiful, AS woman, by all means let him.

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 11:33 am

beauty is on the inside. that is why. [with the basic standards of the outer form]

stranger women. like aspies. are crazy hot

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 11:51 am

Shiobahn Magnus knows what guys want

Also to those saying she isn't aspie it has been pretty much proven she is an aspie (and a hot one at that).

Last edited by Xenu on 13 Jul 2010, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 12:12 pm

Hot... She should have "I prefer male virgins" on that dress as well.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 1:03 pm

no

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 1:17 pm

KaiG wrote:

This 1000%

Some people on here should really read through what they are about to post before posting, then they might realise they are making themselves look completely delusional.

http://www.facebook.com/YentonianCarlos

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 1:45 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
KaiG wrote:
That is, assuming we're talking about more than just makeup or clothing.

Makeup and clothing are powerful tools for girls to fake being good looking. Heaven forbid if people see them without makeup or nice clothes.

At the risk of sounding like a pig, less clothes=more attractive.

Also, I personally find women more attractive who DON'T wear makeup.

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 1:53 pm

Naturally beautiful girls are my preference. No makeup required.

Although, at a pinch, I do like looking at girls who wear eyeliner.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 2:33 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
Hot... She should have "I prefer male virgins" on that dress as well.

That would be nice as well lol. (not a Virgin but I would be it wasn't for where I lived...)