Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 3:23 pm

I noticed a lot of aspie girls like to carry dolls with them. In every case I've seen, it's Sonic the Hedgehog (one case it was Tails.) Anyone notice?

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 3:29 pm

Human dolls creep me out. I prefer stuff animals (cats preferably).

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 3:37 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
Human dolls creep me out. I prefer stuff animals (cats preferably).

Same here (except I had more stuffed dogs than cats).

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 3:49 pm

No I never noticed. But I used to carry my Regady Ann dolls with when I was three and when I was five I always had to bring my Barbies with everywhere I go.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 4:34 pm

I used to carry stuffed characters/animals with me. I still bring them in the car sometimes but I don't walk around with them.

Baby dolls are creepy.

vileseagulls
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Feb 2011, 4:34 pm

I never liked human dolls either. I had a cat (named Gravy because it was grey - let no one ever say I'm not literal, haha), a mouse, and about six others I regularly slept with into my teens.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 7:04 pm

I only ever liked stuffed animals and one specific type of doll.

Witch
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Feb 2011, 8:48 pm

This may sound odd, but I've had stuffed animals for as long as I can remember. My dad hated the stuffies I had, going as far as throwing a few of them away.

The ones I remember most were a dog named Frumpy, a rabbit I called Furby, and a plastic mouse in a baseball uniform. I had a couple while in the Air Force, and as a truck driver, I got a three foot Wile E. Coyote-he was my co-driver. I still have him, the grandkids like him.

I still have a small teddy bear I take on flights with me-my co-pilot. It kinda makes passengers nervous when they see a pilot with a teddy bear in their pocket, but I haven't had a crash yet. That in itself has to say something.

The stuffies have sort of acomfort factor for most. To tell oyu the truth, I have no problem with anyone that has a stuffed animal with them. It's kinda cute.

Later

SeizeTheDay
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 9:09 pm

I loved to play dolls. Not so much carry them around. I hated barbies though. I would pop their heads off and chew on their legs (I liked the feel).

"The person who knows everything has a lot to learn."

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" (I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am) René Descartes

Last edited by SeizeTheDay on 06 Feb 2011, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuelOround
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2011, 9:10 pm

I still carry little toys with me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 9:21 pm

I had Sid with me everywhere, for a while. :O)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 9:57 pm

I haven't noticed.
I used to have hundreds of stuffed cats. I spent all my pocket money on them.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 11:09 pm

When I was a kid I carried a blanket around, like Linus in Peanuts :)

I also had LOADS of stuffed animals, which were all lined up on my window sill. Dolls...I didn't care for them.

bookworm285
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2011, 11:31 pm

I liked dolls, but my ASD daughter preferred stuffed animals, including Sonic. She pretended she was married to, and had a child, with a stuff animal. (Married to a Flamingo, with a chicken as their child.) She had a fit because she couldn't take her husband on a plane. We would have let her, but her "husband" was about 4 feet tall.

Chama
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2011, 2:09 am

I used to carry dolls around all the time, too! Mine were animals and human, I've never been bothered by human dolls. Right now I actually have two of those expensive Asian ball-jointed dolls. I like to dress things up and these guys can look pretty realistic, so I'm fascinated by them.
There was actually one doll I had that freaked the hell out of me. It was one of those creepy little things that stand in the corner with their hands up... hide and seek dolls? Something like that. They have NO FACES. They stand in the corner, facing away from you. That combination used to give me nightmares. Yeah, sometimes I used to get scared that my dolls WITH faces were watching me in the dark, but the faceless one was scarier because I was afraid it was going to turn around and walk toward me in the dark. I knew it would find me, but how could it see me without a face?! And why is it facing the corner if it doesn't have a face to hide anyway?! Oh god I have to stop now. I'm getting freaked out.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 3:29 am

I used to have an enormous collection of stuffed animals as a child. Nowadays I have some assorted Alice in Wonderland plushies that I got for my birthday and a teddy bear that my Nana gave me. I have to sleep with the teddy bear every night or else it takes me longer to fall asleep.