Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Are you Hell-Bound?
Yes, I am either a different religion or an atheist 77%  77%  [ 10 ]
No, I am a follower of one of the Judeo-Christian sects and have earned a place in Heaven for my unwavering devotion 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 13

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 7:05 pm

Now if it turns out God exists like the christians describe him as(we are going to assume the Judeo-Christian God does exist for a moment)

tell me this, if God is the perfect being which includes Omniscient or all-knowing so if he knew i would be an atheistic-anti-theist why bother creating me if he knows im going to hell for not believing in him? i mean it seems redundant to send someone to an eternity of Hell for you creating them knowing they will not believe in you, or is God really that sadistic that he makes people destined for hell just to watch them suffer?

and dont try to say that he is hoping i will find him, NO, if he is all knowing our futures are predetermined so he KNOWS without a doubt im going to Hell

so again, assuming he exists, why did he make me if he knows im going to Hell?

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 7:09 pm

What if I'm not Christian and I don't believe I'm hell-bound?

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 7:17 pm

MCalavera wrote:
What if I'm not Christian and I don't believe I'm hell-bound?

well i dont believe im hell bound because i live a good life an if God exists there would be no real reason to not accept me, but the religion itself claims im hell bound thats what im going off not what you know you are what they claim you are sorry bout that misunderstanding

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 8:51 pm

TheKing wrote:

There is no accurate answer for a hypothetical question. Nevertheless, why did Job say he would yet serve Him ("God") even if He ("God") slay him (Job)? See, each entity has his or her own reasons for things. Personally, however, and even though I reject the traditional, sectarian perception of hell, I would still say about the same as Job.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 9:14 pm

I think the reason God created us (although I was raised in a non-religious household, and am no expert on such matters) even if he's just going to send us to hell is because he gave us free will. Therefore, he did not create us to disbelieve in him, but we chose to disbelieve in him. Just like people "choose" to be gay and should be sent to hell. [said with scorn]

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 9:29 pm

AstroGeek wrote:
I think the reason God created us (although I was raised in a non-religious household, and am no expert on such matters) even if he's just going to send us to hell is because he gave us free will. Therefore, he did not create us to disbelieve in him, but we chose to disbelieve in him. Just like people "choose" to be gay and should be sent to hell. [said with scorn]

its believed that your born gay, and it makes sense you dont wake up one morning a fruitcake lol

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 9:36 pm

The answer I would have given isn't there.

We are born to make manifest the glory of God.... That's me, you, every one of us. God made us in His image, and every one of us can reflect His beauty and love.

God isn't about hate... the Bible expressly says that He wants all people to be saved. God is about Love, and far from trying to catch us out and throw us into hell for the slightest infraction, He loves us so much that He's looking for a reason to bring us into His Kingdom. That's why He died for us... so that we wouldn't have to know death.

God loves you. That's why you were born.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 9:39 pm

Ho hum. Been there done that and the "poll" reeks of insincerity and / or but more probably and critically flawed understanding.

IF you have a very leetle bitsy of comprehension you will realize that nobody here can begin to answer why any currently credited by anyone divine entity chose to make ANYONE or ANYTHING.

If there is no divine entity - or if you believe there is no divine entity, which is not the same thing -
the question is a meaningless and confrontational updating of "have you stopped beating your wife?"

If there is a divine entity - or if you believe there is a divine entity, which again is not the same thing - then your best plan is to ask the divine entity at the first opportunity - nobody else knows.

Do not ask the staff at the pizza parlor to explain Obama's policies.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 9:45 pm

TheKing wrote:
Now if it turns out God exists like the christians describe him as(we are going to assume the Judeo-Christian God does exist for a moment)

tell me this, if God is the perfect being which includes Omniscient or all-knowing so if he knew i would be an atheistic-anti-theist why bother creating me if he knows im going to hell for not believing in him? i mean it seems redundant to send someone to an eternity of Hell for you creating them knowing they will not believe in you, or is God really that sadistic that he makes people destined for hell just to watch them suffer?

and dont try to say that he is hoping i will find him, NO, if he is all knowing our futures are predetermined so he KNOWS without a doubt im going to Hell

I hate to break the news to you, but you like everyone else is a chance accident. The chance encounter of a sperm and an egg. You were not pre-ordained. There is no cosmic purpose for you (or anyone else) to carry out. You just happen to be here, just as everyone else happens to be here. And we won't be here very long. First we were not, then we were and then we will be not again.

ruveyn

mightypen515
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2011, 10:19 pm

Some days I feel I'm in this world to eat food that's bad for me, smoke cigarettes, and basically be a jerk in a bad mood.
Some days I feel I'm in this world to love my husband with all my heart.
Some days I feel I'm in this world to break the world record on fits of crying.
Every day I know I wasn't created. I am extension of life that started a long time ago.
I've no cosmic purpose, unless a cosmic purpose is to decide what I want to do with my life, and live it. :)

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 11:51 pm

mightypen515 wrote:
Some days I feel I'm in this world to eat food that's bad for me, smoke cigarettes, and basically be a jerk in a bad mood.
Every day I know I wasn't created. I am extension of life that started a long time ago.
I've no cosmic purpose, unless a cosmic purpose is to decide what I want to do with my life, and live it. :)

Well, regardless of what is in anybody's catechism, the last line is pretty compatible with all the bible tells Jews and Christians about their purpose.

Walk on - if there is anything else special you need nae doot you will be informed.

mightypen515
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2011, 12:01 am

Philologos wrote:
mightypen515 wrote:

Well, regardless of what is in anybody's catechism, the last line is pretty compatible with all the bible tells Jews and Christians about their purpose.

Walk on - if there is anything else special you need nae doot you will be informed.

I don't understand that last line.
And what is nae doot?

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 12:45 am

Sorry - too many years with too many languages and I tend to slip into alien lingos not necessarily intelligible to them NOT seriously in Linguistics - and it even has to be my kind Linguistics.

nae doot = poorly transcribed Scots version of "no doubt"

Otherwise, the last line simply suggests, if a divine entity or universal mind or whatever has a different or additional cosmic purpose for you, doubtless he / she / it / they / we will get around to telling you.

Frankly, except for the odd "you need to do this right now" impulse, I am not convinced there is a much higher purpose we need to worry about.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 3:06 am

TheKing wrote:
AstroGeek wrote:

its believed that your born gay, and it makes sense you dont wake up one morning a fruitcake lol

Do you mean "a fruitcake", or "a fruit"?

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 8:07 am

ruveyn wrote:
TheKing wrote:

I hate to break the news to you, but you like everyone else is a chance accident. The chance encounter of a sperm and an egg. You were not pre-ordained. There is no cosmic purpose for you (or anyone else) to carry out. You just happen to be here, just as everyone else happens to be here. And we won't be here very long. First we were not, then we were and then we will be not again.
ruveyn

im an atheistic antitheist dont you think i know that

i just want to get an answer from te christians as to why their god created me knowing im supposedly going to hell as nearly every christian(i swear i think they can sense my atheism) in my town is quick to point out

"i once grabbed a bible and i swear it burnt me" - Olivia Munn

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 8:14 am

TheKing wrote:

im an atheistic antitheist dont you think i know that

Mind reading is not on my resume. And there is no answer to your question.

ruveyn