I need advice - could be in huge trouble (long read)

Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 9:43 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Puppygnu wrote:
1. Did you cross the threshold of the home? If yes, then you were trespassing.
2. Did you make physical contact of any sort with the persons in the house? If yes, then this is assault.
While these may be technically correct, let's not shoot down any remaining defence, shall we? :wink:
The defence lawyer should know how to present information showing that the intent wasn't present which would, I hope, sway any verdict to innocent.

WHY believe senseless hearsay that makes NO sense and fits NOTHING when the defendant is ALSO saying something that makes sense that EVERYONE can agree with that DOES may sense? Any person with AS should be able to believe it. Suppose a person was standing in front of me, and it rained. I was soaking wet, my convertible was FILLED with water, etc... And I told you that I NEVER saw rain, I would NEVER go out when it was raining, and I have never seen it raining and I went outside and water fell from the sky and I am not responsible for my car being wet.

Wouldn't a lawyer be able to say I saw rain, I went out when it was raining, and my going out was why my convertible got wet. There was a witness, it rained, and the weater agencies can confirm it.

Quote:
3. Your story seems implausible to me. I can not imagine a person with agoraphobia and autism getting drunk and lying about being an insurance sales person.

Frankly, I AGREE!

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 9:54 pm

Cornflake wrote:
OP is in the UK, so most of what's been posted from an American viewpoint won't apply.
Including, unfortunately, Todesking's suggestions about informing the authorities of the autism aspect.
To put it bluntly, I doubt very much whether they'll give a flying sh** about that - or it they do, nothing will be done to handle it for months and what may eventually get done will be ineffective anyway.

The USA has a considerably more enlightened approach in this aspect than the UK.
Despite all the legal safeguards and pre-trial possibilities here, once someone's inside that's pretty much it. Any legal redress of a possible mistrial or obtaining realistic "special needs" type of support is an uphill struggle, which is why it's essential the defence makes as much of the AS aspect as possible so any sort of custodial sentence is avoided completely.

The wheels of justice grind exceedingly slowly, and never more so than here. :roll:

Don't hold the US so high. In the US, it is WIERD! It is evolution in reverse. They will convict a person out of a just crime of passion, and let a dangerous psychopath go. Things can be SLOW here! Some people are getting convicted or set free on genetic evidence after DECADES! And the AS garbage that is going on now in the US courts can only HURT in the long run.

Ever see "law and order"? A lot of the BAD stuff there really DOES happen.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

10 Feb 2011, 11:52 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
Don't hold the US so high. In the US, it is WIERD! It is evolution in reverse. They will convict a person out of a just crime of passion, and let a dangerous psychopath go.
:lol: Oh yeah, I know. Lots of cases cases get messed up horribly, one way or another.
But I really just meant that the situation WRT Autism (in whatever form), people generally have many more resources available to them and it is much better handled than here in the UK.