Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Feb 2011, 1:45 pm

Although both my younger sister and I are both grandmothers, she still thinks that she has to compete with me. It is very annoying. For example, she has her own business, baking and selling cakes. She's very artistic and all. Still, when I baked a cake for a holiday gathering, she wouldn't eat any. Said that she would cut a slice and eat it later. I asked my brother why he thought she did this, and he said competition. Exactly what are we competing for? Are we in the Olympics? When she was very small, I did a lot of baking. I am not trying to show her up or get compliments for being a good baker. I don't care. She does other things, too, which I won't go into. But I find this irritating indeed.

Does anyone else get annoyed with adult sibling rivalry?

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 2:13 pm

My sister will be like that 20 years from now as well, because that's just who she is. Of course, 20 years from now I won't be speaking to her, so yeah.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 2:36 pm

Is she ASD?

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Feb 2011, 2:39 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Is she ASD?

No, just mildly eccentric with a touch of personality disorder.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 3:03 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:
Is she ASD?

Since you mentioned you were both grandmothers, I'm thinking she's old enough to be fairly set in her ways. Turn in into comic relief. Make her her own special cupcake or something. Get a plastic slice of cake that you take out and give to her every time. Do something off the wall to head it off.

Or just eat her slice.

cdlu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2011, 3:17 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Or just eat her slice.

Tell her she takes the cake!

My brother and I fought our whole growing up. But we had an embarrassing fight (over a chocolate croissant) in a hotel in front of the whole extended family as young adults that finally got us to shape up. Maybe you just need to throw a cake in her face (pie-style) in front of both sets of your grandchildren, and then she'll stop. :)

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 3:44 pm

cdlu wrote:
Maybe you just need to throw a cake in her face (pie-style) in front of both sets of your grandchildren, and then she'll stop. :)

Well, I was thinking comic relief. That would certainly be comical.Not sure if it would be relief. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cdlu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2011, 3:52 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
That would certainly be comical.Not sure if it would be relief. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh come on. You know the grandchildren will love it. The grandmothers will both feel stupid. And they'll all live happily (and icing covered) ever after.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Feb 2011, 4:28 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:
Is she ASD?

Since you mentioned you were both grandmothers, I'm thinking she's old enough to be fairly set in her ways. Turn in into comic relief. Make her her own special cupcake or something. Get a plastic slice of cake that you take out and give to her every time. Do something off the wall to head it off.

Or just eat her slice.

Thanks! I like those ideas. The thing is, I couldn't figure out what her problem was each time she did this. My brother, who is closer to her, could.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 4:54 pm

My younger sister is the same way.